What did you do today?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
ingridguerci94
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1200RT
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: What did you do today?

Post by ingridguerci94 »

simbo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 pm What did you do? Anything of interest? Something you'd like to share??  Please feel free to post it here  :)

Me?.. Well, Me n the good lady met up with a fellow RT rider for a bit of a bimble Image
We was supposed to meet up with a fellow H-D/Pan rider, but 'man flu' got the better of him (tart) So we headed in the direction of 'Bowker H-D' in Preston for breakfast [font=Verdana]Image where I was hoping to convert the fellow 'RT' rider over the the dark side? Watch Vietnam girl on sex việt, This man even drives a stolen BMW in his spare time [/font][/size][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Image So we ate breakfast and had a brief browse around the overpriced undertechnology'd H-D's (is that a word?) Before retiring to our flasks for a free coffee in the car park and onwards to our next brew stop [/font] :)  All in all, A good day out with a fellow motorcyclist (of a similar mind set, The usual 'NM mindset')  On the + side, I managed to slip back in the H-D shop to purchase a Helmet pot for finer days out on the Dark Sided H-D  :)
k9doc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 pm Just a flavour of a mountain bike (battery assisted) ride around the Peak District today.

The road is so peaceful. I definitely have to go through there once.
Last edited by ingridguerci94 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Plugged my new to me GS_911. Expecting to find loads of faults. Surprise, surprise only two faults found, not bad for a 16 year old bike. ABS short. I learned about this from the BMW service history from five years ago. The second fault was again a short from the front accessory plug. It didn't lie. The earth wire had broken. A quick solder fixed that.
Best bit of kit I've bought in years.
If you havent got a GS -911 it is a well worth investment. Apart from the fault scan you can see so much information about your bike. It also lets you adjust certain items which is handy.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 165 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Doctor T wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm Plugged my new to me GS_911. Expecting to find loads of faults. Surprise, surprise only two faults found, not bad for a 16 year old bike. ABS short. I learned about this from the BMW service history from five years ago. The second fault was again a short from the front accessory plug. It didn't lie. The earth wire had broken. A quick solder fixed that.
Best bit of kit I've bought in years.
If you havent got a GS -911 it is a well worth investment. Apart from the fault scan you can see so much information about your bike. It also lets you adjust certain items which is handy.
I found when i was messing with my RT, i was getting faults everytime i unpluged something. Having the GS-911 is a must for any BMW Motorrad owner. Great bit of kit.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

The wife and i took a ride over to Fowlers in Bristol.
had a nice time, but now £230 lighter. Had a look at the new versys 1000, its well light.
Also had a coffee and a bacon & egg sandwich each.
Bacon and thick bread £4.75 and £1.25 for a fcuking egg. :? :? :?

M4 was a bit windy riding there and it picked up a bit on the way home.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Christ, I can buy a bacon and egg sandwich for under £4.50 up the road. Fowler's egg be played in Gold
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Rode to Bournemouth this morning to have a test ride on a Ducati Diavel. What a fantastic bike. Seating position near perfect. A roll on from third and it goes supersonic. Hold on and pray. Ducati's quality has vastly improved over the years The V4 engine is so smooth up to 6000 rev then I did feel a little vibration in the pegs. The rear tyre is wider than on my car. 240 wide. If I had the money, I would have said yes please
Tomorrow am going to see if I can blag a ride on a Rocket GT
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 194 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Eventually got round to taking the disabled lift out of the Sprinter,like a bloody jigsaw.

Just the hydraulic ramps and electris to come out tomorrow.mpg should improve, the thing is bloody heavy.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Well done, but you've made hard work for yourself.
When I was a bit younger I use to get 4 hours to fit one of those or 6 hours for removal and refit in a new van.

Glad I'm behind the desk now telling engineers they have 4 hours to fit them :lol:
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

michaelc2710 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:04 pm Well done, but you've made hard work for yourself.
When I was a bit younger I use to get 4 hours to fit one of those or 6 hours for removal and refit in a new van.

Glad I'm behind the desk now telling engineers they have 4 hours to fit them :lol:
And how long did your 1st one take.I'm not doing bad on my own :thumb:
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Not much more than 4 hours. We got them down to about 3 hours and just under 5 for a defit and refit.
We use to jack the van up, lower lift onto the ground and put weight on the platform. Undo all the mounting bolts and battery cables. Lower the van and drive it out of the way. Reverse new van in and jack it up, drill the floor and bolt it in. Use a spare battery at the side to power it up and lower the van down and finish the wiring off.

Nowadays I'd rock myself to sleep trying to get up of the floor after removing the mounting bolts.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

michaelc2710 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:04 pm Well done, but you've made hard work for yourself.

Ere,was it your mob that fitted it
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

michaelc2710 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 pm Not much more than 4 hours. We got them down to about 3 hours and just under 5 for a defit and refit.
We use to jack the van up, lower lift onto the ground and put weight on the platform. Undo all the mounting bolts and battery cables. Lower the van and drive it out of the way. Reverse new van in and jack it up, drill the floor and bolt it in. Use a spare battery at the side to power it up and lower the van down and finish the wiring off.

Nowadays I'd rock myself to sleep trying to get up of the floor after removing the mounting bolts.
Easy when you know how :lol: Hopefully a couple of hours tomorrow and it's done,then it's of to the scrappy with it.Might try and sell the motor and rams.
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

One of the lads made a log splitter using the power pack, 1 ram and a couple of springs to pull the piston back, as they are only single acting.
Probably get more money for a log splitter
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Got out for 4 hours again today. The wife and i took some back roads, which i wish we did not.
Bloody mud, gravel and pot holes, also with drivers in the middle of the road.
But apart from that we had another nice sunny day out on our bikes.
I've got to say, every time i ride Artie i'm enjoying it more.
Also today was warm enough to wear my leather trousers.
I also refitted the Sargent seat and love it with no sliding about on it with my leather on.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

michaelc2710 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:44 pm One of the lads made a log splitter using the power pack, 1 ram and a couple of springs to pull the piston back, as they are only single acting.
Probably get more money for a log splitter
All out,buggered if I could work out where the live popped into the van so I cut n capped it.Got £24.80 down the scrappy :lol: