EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 166 times
Wales

Re: Luggage

Post by EasyRider »

I used my RT for the first time today without the luggage.
I set the suspension to ROAD as DYNAMIC as it was a bit to harsh.
I felt like i was on a rockinghorse with it set to ROAD. So i ended up switching it between the 2.
Smooth roads was set to DYNAMIC, Bumpy roads i set it to ROAD.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 60 times
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

Don't forget you can also set the suspension manually, but only whilst the vehicle is stopped. On the move you can only change between Road & Dynamic, but stopped use the Wonder Wheel to scroll up and it gives you three more options. Min, Auto & Max.

Put the bike in Min & Rain mode and it's a much softer & compliant ride. The sportier riders won't like it and probably not the best combination for making progress, but show me a long boring drag up the motorway or trunk road and I know what mode combination I'm going to use to smooth the road bumps.
Last edited by Capt Sisko on Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 166 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Well the luggage and Heed bars are back on Artie, and i like the look better as well. Also with having the panniers and Heed bars fitted, i feel happier that the full weight of the bike wont be on my leg if i drop it. Got to remember my knees are not the best anymore.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 60 times
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

EasyRider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am ....and i like the look better as well.
I've got to agree that with panniers the bike looks complete, however whilst tox boxes are eminently useful, I think the OEM one looks ugly, particularly on it's own.
Corker203
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt 2009
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Corker203 »

Agree that the bike looks incomplete without the side cases, and I know that's just an opinion. It's nice to have somewhere to keep tools, heated gear and extra layers. They're always on the bike. Only use the top case when on a longer ride. It's nice to have somewhere secure to store the helmet and riding gear. Makes the bike feel top heavy to me. Maybe I need to gain some weight...lol. Painted to match the rest of the bike instead of the grey, factory color.