General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 60 times
Great Britain

Re: full beam. Why?

Post by Capt Sisko »

burridge01 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 pm "Capt Sisko"'what Denali's do you have and where did you get the filters,quite fancy a bit of yellow meself :thumb:
I've got a pair of D2 mounted on a pair of under the wing mirror brackets.
https://denalielectronics.com/products/ ... md_r1250rt
https://denalielectronics.com/products/ ... md_r1250rt
That combination looks virtually OEM.

The D2's come with clear lenses, but you can buy either Amber or Yellow replacement. Both (just as the clear ones do) come with clear (spot) or a ribbed (fog/dipped) lens.
https://denalielectronics.com/products/ ... 3708488888

Sportsbikeshop and several others sell them. They're expensive but very good quality.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 194 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Thank you squire,already have the lights but hadn't seen the lenses before.I'll get a pair of them ordered.Any issue with yellow spots at the mot.

£33 from Sportsbikeshop, on there way :thumb:
Capt Sisko
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

burridge01 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 am Any issue with yellow spots at the mot.
I had the white lenses in when I had my MOT done last year so can't comment accurately, however I think it's one of the weird rules with motorcycle MOT's in that only the OEM lights are checked, whereas on cars all lights are checked. As long as the auxiliary lights work, they're one of the legit colours (i.e not blue or red) and they're not blinding people it seems to be okay. That said, it's just a five minute a side job to swap from yellow to clear, so next time and just to be on the safe side I'll probably put the clear & dipped lenses in beforehand.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

OK,I'm on good terms with Marshall's so I'll see what the story is before me mot in June :thumb:
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 240 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

The yellow lens on my Clearwater lamps have gone through 2 MOT’s with no problem
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 240 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Lamps fitted as an extra do not come under the MOT rules as long as you can switch them off independently.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Thanks for that info gents,Marshals (Basildon)are decent with this sort of thing,I get them to put the spots in the right place when I have me mot.

Now then,me lenses have arrived,I didn't realise you get 2 sets.The question I have(and I've read what Denali have written)What ones have people put on and has anyone mixed the different lenses as per Denali suggestion.
Capt Sisko
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

I used to ride with the Denali's with 'spot' lenses and whilst these are no doubt brighter and after dark lit up further ahead I found I got flashed at too often, hence why I put in the ribbed Fog/Dripped. When I've asked people who I have been following how noticeable they are during the day, (even when turned down to 50%), to a man they've all said very.

At night on dipped beam & reduced power they are still more than bright enough. On main beam, even allowing for them still being 'dipped' but power now at 100%, they're still more than bright enough to melt the tarmac in front of you. Sorry never tried the mixed combo they suggest. With 2x main beams anyway I really didn't see the point.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Cheers for that,I'll set up 1 set and work out how to dip/brighten the spots.Never played with them after I installed them so not 100% sure how it all works,sure I'll suss it :thumb: