Sargent seat

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Panman40
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 38 times
Great Britain

Re: Sargent seat

Post by Panman40 »

I didn’t get on with my cool cover I had for the stock seat, felt like a hundred tiny crabs nipping my ass :lol:
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 167 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Panman40 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 am I didn’t get on with my cool cover I had for the stock seat, felt like a hundred tiny crabs nipping my ass :lol:
I used it for the first time this week on my Sargent seat and found it took some of the harshness out of the ride.
The Sargent seat has less padding than the OEM seat. But the Sargent seat has a great shape to it.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
tewatson
Bike Model and Year: 2023 R1250RT
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by tewatson »

Have spent some time with the new Sargent seat over the past few weeks, and I like it a lot. Well worth the money.

Tom
Panman40
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 38 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

EasyRider wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:05 am I used it for the first time this week on my Sargent seat and found it took some of the harshness out of the ride.
The Sargent seat has less padding than the OEM seat. But the Sargent seat has a great shape to it.
Agreed the Sargent is a better shape and it’s a lot firmer, I can go a little longer before getting pain but not a huge amount, I just didn’t get on with the cool cover. I bought a new pillow the other day and removed a thin honeycomb gel pad from it, plonked it on the Sargent and sat on it in jeans it felt very comfy!, started looking at seat pad options but I just don’t like the inconvenience of something strapped to the seat. 🤔