She Has Arrived !!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
trichef1

She Has Arrived !!

Post by trichef1 »

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Picking up my new RT tomorrow.  My first BMW and I can't wait for the weather to break to get out and enjoy the increadble roads here in Western North Carolina. In the mean-time she'll be nice and cozy in the garage waiting .....
Attachments
20150212_101522.jpg
20150212_101331.jpg
Levisp

Re: She Has Arrived !!

Post by Levisp »

Congrats. Its a great bike that only gets better with age. Weather looks good too.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Looks like you went for full specs.  Spend some time working out how you intend to connect to the audio system. Listening to it from its speaker only works outside your house at a standstill.
trichef1

Post by trichef1 »

Yes .. full spec.  I'm leaning towards Schuberth with the BMW bluetooth. Just going to have to wait a bit and recoup the bank account balance first.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Yes .. full spec.  I'm leaning towards Schuberth with the BMW bluetooth. Just going to have to wait a bit and recoup the bank account balance first.

That's probably the most expensive option you can go for, and in many owners opinion not the best as it has limitations.  There's lots of advise and options on this forum.   
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Yes .. full spec.  I'm leaning towards Schuberth with the BMW bluetooth. Just going to have to wait a bit and recoup the bank account balance first.

That's probably the most expensive option you can go for, and in many owners opinion not the best as it has limitations.  There's lots of advise and options on this forum. 

Can the BMW bluetooth unit be fitted into the Schuberth helmet? 

I have a C3 but I also have a BMW System 6EVO.  I know helmet fit is a very personal think but I do find the System 6 to be much more comfortable than the Schuberth. 

As RTman says, the BM bt set-up is stupidly expensive but it does work - in my experience faultlessly...
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Don't think you can buy a System 6 in the States. I think there is a version of the BMW BT kit made for the Schubert but not available in Europe.
My concerns with the kit is it doesn't  mute automatically for speech or music and GPS prompts are only available to one helmet.  You will also be restricted to using one helmet unless you have very deep pockets. 
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

RTman10 wrote: ... GPS prompts are only available to one helmet...

This is more important than you think if you ride with a pillion. My Interphone system mutes the intercom to give me  a navigation prompt, meanwhile SWMBO is chatting away not knowing I cannot hear her. She then has to repeat what she was saying when the intercom becomes active again, hopefully before another Nav prompt. All very irritating.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As RTman says, the BM bt set-up is stupidly expensive but it does work - in my experience faultlessly...
I think you only use it as a single unit with no pillion.  Its 2 up that things get less than good for big money, and really that's what it was supposed to be designed for. BMW seen to never be too clever with comms kit.  They made some for the System 5 helmet that had the mic built into the brow of the helmet. All were eventually recalled and never seen again. .
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: ...I think you only use it as a single unit with no pillion...

correct :-)
Budman

Post by Budman »

Looks like from your pictures that you picked up your bike at Eurosports of Asheville. Thats where I got mine as well. Jason and the guys are good to work with. If the weather hold out Ill have the 600 mile service done next Saturday.

Hopefully winter is about done soon and we can get some riding done. Nothing like the NC mountains in the spring and summer, except maybe for fall! 
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Picking up my new RT tomorrow.  My first BMW and I can't wait for the weather to break to get out and enjoy the increadble roads here in Western North Carolina. In the mean-time she'll be nice and cozy in the garage waiting .....
[/quote]

Nice looking Bike, its going to be difficult but short  `wait',  to get your hands on it - enjoy    ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
trichef1

Post by trichef1 »

Budman .. Correct I purchased the RT from Eurosport in AVL. They were great. Picked it up today and got 50 miles in before the weather began to get nasty. An amazing bike. Can't wait to get some long days in but it looks like the bike is going to be sitting in the garage for at least a week according to the forecast.

Budman

Post by Budman »

Just got word here in Denver NC that we are in for about 3 to 4.5 inches by Tuesday. ythe 21st.Weather plan has changed for Asheville as well. Looks  like snow there on Saturday the 21st.
I guess the service can wait.

Im looking forward to NC 18 through Morganton and up to Newland. Its one of my favorite roads and Sunday rides.