Dealer Discounts

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
kevin.mee

Dealer Discounts

Post by kevin.mee »

Hi

I am looking to buy a new RT LE and would like to know what discounts, if any, can generally be expected at UK dealers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

stelyn

Re: Dealer Discounts

Post by stelyn »

Hi kevin.mee, welcome to the `Forum' and good luck sourcing your new Bike.  Whilst I didn't buy `new'  I made a few dealers aware that I was `shopping' around for a good deal -  and eventually  got one and with a few `extra's thrown in to seal the deal.  most at the end of the day want your money so ask around.  You may not get a cash discount,  but may get something else thrown in. ie  equipment or free servicing ect.  End of the month is best time to buy as dealers are trying to meet Company Sales targets .
If you don't ask -you don't get.    Best of luck.... ;)   
Last edited by stelyn on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

+1 Agree. BMW seem to be doing very well at the moment selling bikes in the UK. I believe last year was their best to date. So from this I guess cash discounts are going to be hard to get. However they normally will haggle over accessories. Sometimes they do deals like free satnav. Good luck.
kevin.mee

Post by kevin.mee »

Thanks Guys,

Your responses are appreciated
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Levisp is correct, and demand is probably outstripping supply at the moment so cash discounts will be very hard to find. On the upside this helps second hand prices for us all. If you have one to trade in trade hard and see if they will part with any extras or at least discount them. Best of luck.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I traded my Tiger XC 2012 fully loaded for my LE and got a good price, but I had to fight hard for it.  The bit I felt uncomfortable with was the dealer whose bikes I test rode would not budge on his price and two dealers elsewhere without even seeing my bike offered above trade price for what I was buying. I really did not feel good about myself for a couple of weeks. It's a shame really as you begin to build a good relationship with a salesman whose working hard for his money and their bosses who think there's always some "schmuck" who will except their deal. Be less principled about how you purchase the bike as they will get enough out of you as time goes on.  :vader:
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

+1  totally agree,  happened to me.... ::)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window