General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Chrille

Re: Newbie

Post by Chrille »

Now here is nice wheather, in Dominican Republic, back to Sweden tomorrow, ill think i can start ridin in middle of march back home!
Ricwolt

Post by Ricwolt »

Welcome Christer
Brisbane Australia- high summer at 35 deg C.  (too hot to ride comfortably) Will possibly be passing your way in July-Aug
regards Richard
Far away is only far away if you never go there
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

From one newb to another, welcome Chrille!
Firenailer

Post by Firenailer »

jhandfield wrote: Christer, greetings from the U.S.! It makes me feel a little better  to know I'm not the only one longing for warmer weather's return so I can do more than just sit on the bike making engine noises... Right?

...guys?

You're not alone, we had another 5" of snow last night. We actually got lucky, they were predicting a Blizzard and 24-36 inches but it didn't materialize here.

Still, I'm getting very tired of looking at the RT sitting in the garage. Weird winter, we haven't had very much snow but the little bits we are getting have them salting like crazy men! Not much rain in between to ever get the roads cleaned off yet. Ah well....maybe next week.

I guess I'll go back in the garage and make some more engine noises now...
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Thx for all welcomes!Richwolt!
Ridin RT from Austalia to Sweden?? Takes a day or two
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Waratah wrote: I'll send you a 5kg jar of Sydney sunshine RTman if you send me a bag of lush green pastures (like we see in Midsomer Murders each week).  ;)  Aussie weather can be sunny and pleasant, but it can be slightly uncomfortable as well; I think they're forecasting the maximum temperature in Marble Bar might hit 50C (122 F) today?  I rode the Stuart Highway in the Australian Outback a couple of years ago when it was really hot, riding past fields of long brown grass.  When I stopped for a break I realised it wasn't grass, the ground was so hot all the snakes were standing on the tips of their tails..!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Bar,_Western_Australia

Just tried to bring back 5kg jar of sunshine from Ayres Rock (43c) but suitcase was too heavy, just landed today at Heathrow after 23hrs flying temperature 2c bloody cold. Eastern Australia bloody great, Western Australia is next once I have the money lol