Nav V

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
stelyn

Re: Nav V

Post by stelyn »

The BMW GPS Mounting Bracket

Hi DaygloDavid,  re the black center block, do you have to split / undo this to attach a cradle / mount, thus securing  the cradles fittings inside it or through the `Block'  ?  ( if you have any fitting instructions would be useful )  Ta.  ;)
Last edited by stelyn on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The picture shown does not show all the bits required.  The block comes in two halves and you have to stick the two smaller rubber strips inside as these act as an adjustment to angle the block once attached.  the two bolts shown go in the two central holes. These you screw up until you can smoothly move the block on the bar. The outer 4 holes take longer bolts which fit through the Navigator cradle. I have never seen a set if instruction showing you how.   
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi RTman10, thanks for the info,  I have just picked up this used part with the center block already  firmly secured on it,  I've already fitted it  to the RT using the existing  2 dash torx screws.    No other fittings came with it, so was wondering about the 4 outer holes as they don't go all the way  through the block ,  just `open' on the front side,  was not sure  if you drill through to fit cradle  or have to split the block open then fix ?  :o
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

stelyn wrote: The BMW GPS Mounting Bracket

Hi DaygloDavid,  re the black center block, do you have to split / undo this to attach a cradle / mount, thus securing  the cradles fittings inside it or through the `Block'  ?  ( if you have any fitting instructions would be useful )  Ta.  ;)

Yes, the black centre block is in two halves, the cradle/mount is secured to the top half before it is clamped around the tubular bracket.

The only additional part I purchased with the bracket was a Clear Film, Part No. 46542315901, which wraps around the tubular bracket before clamping the two halves together.
Last edited by David. on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Inside the top half on the other side of the holes the plastic is moulded to take the nuts.  No drilling required.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Yes, the black centre block is in two halves, the cradle/mount is secured to the top half before it is clamped around the tubular bracket.
[/quote]

Hi,  I knew you two would have the answer, many thanks... ;)
Last edited by stelyn on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

This photo shows 4 additional nuts, they are used with 4 panhead screws to secure the cradle/mount to the top half of the black centre block.

These screws came with the Zumo 660, the same as used for a RAM Mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzCZbogXk8

Last edited by David. on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Purchased a Garmin Zumo 660 Automotive Bracket from Handtec, they sounded reasonable to deal with, best price with Free P&P.

Garmin Motorcycle Sat. Navs., http://www.handtec.co.uk/satnav-gps/mot ... rer=67&p=1
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Anyone installed their own cabling for a Sat Nav,  I'm trying to work out the best `routing' for it,  from the mount bar down,  to the spare socket on the harness  ( 2012 model, situated above forks )  I have the `Nippy Normans'  cable attachment plug, but not sure if I need to ease the dash off and thread the cable down behind .  Didn't really want the cable on show,  stuck to the side of the dash.  Any photos would be useful, thanks      ;)

stelyn wrote: The BMW GPS Mounting Bracket

David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Yes, I have installed my own cabling for a Sat Nav.

If you are just looking to take a power supply from the spare socket using the NN lead, then it is fairly straight forward.

http://www.nippynormans.com/products/r1 ... anbuszu660

Undo the 4 screws securing the instrument cluster cover & remove the cover.
A gap will appear behind the clocks where the cables can be routed, working to the lefthand side of the centre is the easiest.

Last edited by David. on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

On my 2012 (non-Audio) RT, the NN lead would plug in to a socket which has 2 wires (Red/White & Brown).

This photograph shows 3 sockets, (may be different on a bike with Audio) but the power socket is the top one.

Sockets with caps in place & cable tied to framework.

Last edited by David. on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Thanks for the help  today in identifying the correct plugs Dayglodavid,  Sat Nav  now fitted and working OK , the details posted should be of help to others.... ;)