Schuberth C3 Pro

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Spencert231

Schuberth C3 Pro

Post by Spencert231 »

bought myself a Schubie and believe it or not I thought if you pay this much money the helmet is going to be perfect, wrong! No matter what vents are open or closed it mists up particularly when you don't want it too i.e. Slowing down for traffic and slow manoeuvre, which is a pain in the arse.

The helmet feels like it fits perfect around the chin, ears and face, but it continuously flops forward on the forehead. The other issue I have is taking the dam thing off since I have fitted the SRC comms system it like I have to throw my head forward whilst flicking the hemet off.

Now I have used Arai, Shoie, several Shark helmets none of which caused me these problems and at half the price. Anybody out there having any of these problems or solutions.

Apart from that a great looking helmet I have the black one.
stelyn

Re: Schuberth C3 Pro

Post by stelyn »

Had more or less the same issues and had to `out' it, -  now use a Shoei and its perfect - no problems.... ;D
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
lenho

Post by lenho »

Got mine at the NEC show in November good deal, very quiet compared to my old Nolan, but even with the pinlock it mists up badly even with the lower vent open.  Though it was just me. 
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Never had a problem with steaming up with the pinlock system on any of my Schuberth lids. I do remove the pinlock a couple of times a year to give it a thorough clean and make sure it is sealed fully on each reinstall.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The same Pinlock system is used in the BMW System 6 helmets.  if the insert is properly seated on the visor it should not mist and mine never have. However the pins are eccentric and if they spin or wear you can get a loose fit resulting in a gap on the seal. It tends to drop from the top resulting in a small gap at the bottom.  Its easy to run a small piece of paper or you fingernail along the edges to make sure you have a tight seal. If you have pop the pins out and turn them to make the fit tighter. System 6 helmets come with spare pins.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

beemerbaz wrote: Never had a problem with steaming up with the pinlock system on any of my Schuberth lids. I do remove the pinlock a couple of times a year to give it a thorough clean and make sure it is sealed fully on each reinstall.

I have not fitted my pin lock yet. I don' as a rule fit it until the weather turns really bad.  The weather for me has been mediocre, but maybe I ought to fit it. After starting the thread went for a ride to book some off road riding with Dirt Tracks France and gave myself some time to play with the vents. The outcome for me was shut the top completely and it doesn't mist up too bad, but a little better than it was. Thanks for comments.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Without the insert it will always mist up in anything but very dry warm conditions.  The inside of the visor is anti-scratch just like the outside. I'm amazed it didn't come with it already installed. 
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: Without the insert it will always mist up in anything but very dry warm conditions.  The inside of the visor is anti-scratch just like the outside. I'm amazed it didn't come with it already installed.
It came with together but not fitted, no prob fitting it as I have enough practice of that lol. I will fit it this weekend. Thanks for the comments.

It is unfair though that marketing catches us every time convincing us that something is all singing and dancing and the best helmet on the planet, when it isn't wish I had kept to Shark Evoline, but I did so better get used to it  :enjoying: