Windshields

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Budman

Windshields

Post by Budman »

So today I did a couple hundred miles on the bike. My original intention was to purchase a VStream windshield to knock some of the buffeting down. The guys at the shop and Jeff Dean recommend the Cee Bailey windshield. Mr Dean has way more experience with this than Ill ever have.

Does anyone have experience with both and what are your thoughts? They look very similar.

I canceled my original order for the VStream and thought I'd give this a little more research time. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Bud
Wierpig
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: Windshields

Post by Wierpig »

Budman,I've got a Cee baileys medium on my 2015 at the moment.its MUCH quieter than the original but still produces a bit of turbulence.not as good as the cee baileys for the camhead RT.v stream on order.will report back when I've tested it.
Budman

Re: Windshields

Post by Budman »

Thanks, looking at the specifications it appears that the VStream is wider than the CeeBailey. I am leaning in that direction but will wait to hear or experience it myself. There are a couple guys in local clubs that have both I understand. A realty nice guy in Mooresville has the Ilium Bar Risers and he said I could give his bike a try.

The guys on these groups are very willing to help each other.