Insurance... Again

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Chad

Insurance... Again

Post by Chad »

Bad news and good news: I've just discovered the Policy shop- which I've used for years has ceased trading. The good news is Devitt are giving some pretty decent quotes. I've just insured my 2014 RT LE, fully comp, business use, protected no claims, pillion, European cover (30 days) 8000 mls per year for £204. (With £200 compulsory excess but no voluntary excess). I'm 48, clean licence, no accidents & 9 years ncd. Try the comparison site as this quote worked out cheaper than going to Devitt direct. Also another tip, don't wait until last minute to insure as many companies charge more if you request cover within 24 hours (inside information!)
Levisp

Re: Insurance... Again

Post by Levisp »

Chad wrote: Also another tip, don't wait until last minute to insure as many companies charge more if you request cover within 24 hours (inside information!)

Hadn't thought of that, but obvious when you think about it. Thanks.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: Bad news and good news: I've just discovered the Policy shop- which I've used for years has ceased trading. The good news is Devitt are giving some pretty decent quotes. I've just insured my 2014 RT LE, fully comp, business use, protected no claims, pillion, European cover (30 days) 8000 mls per year for £204. (With £200 compulsory excess but no voluntary excess). I'm 48, clean licence, no accidents & 9 years ncd.  Try the comparison site as this quote worked out cheaper than going to Devitt direct. Also another tip, don't wait until last minute to insure as many companies charge more if you request cover within 24 hours (inside information!)

That's a good price - whereabouts do you live Chad?  I pay almost twice that but I do live in that there London...

Chad

Post by Chad »

I live in North Yorkshire Richard, near Stokesley. People local to me seem to be paying well over the odds too. I've heard that some companies jack the prices up before the automatic renewal. It makes you wonder how many people just pay the renewal without checking first..
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: I live in North Yorkshire Richard, near Stokesley. People local to me seem to be paying well over the odds too. I've heard that some companies jack the prices up before the automatic renewal. It makes you wonder how many people just pay the renewal without checking first..

I'm older than you, with pretty much the same history and NCB.  The combination of London address (bike is garaged though) and a lazy reluctance to shop around is clearly costing me dearly.

Lesson learned!
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Just renewed changing to BMW's  own Insurance scheme ( Equity Red Star ) and  first time with  Motorrad  -  £158 fully Comp    :)
Last edited by stelyn on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

stelyn wrote: Just renewed changing to BMW's  own Insurance scheme ( Equity Red Star ) and  first time with  Motorrad  -  £158 fully Comp    :)
another one from the sticks - or a city dweller?
shinyface

Post by shinyface »

Same for me , just reinsured for £159  after a little discussion    :not: .....my quote came by e mail as £213 however when I went on line it was £159 !!!!! both with BMW Equity red star. BMW R1200 WC RT LE full ncb and fifty odd living in the Scottish Borders.
After ringing and speaking to human she said that`s fine just give me your quote reference number and we`ll start your new policy at the lower figure.....
If you don`t ask etc....bebe

Shinyface  ;)