Deals Gap...The Dragon

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
Budman

Deals Gap...The Dragon

Post by Budman »

Tomorrow its going to be 71 here in Denver NC. Im going to give the new windshield and peg lowers a real test. Im headed to Deals Gap for a little spin on the Dragon. Its always best to go during the week. Weekends are filled with crazy people trying to set records. The gap is about 300 miles from home so it should be agood test of interstate and twisty mountain roads.

Ive put 38.5 pounds of air in the front and 42.5 in the rear. Im going to take off the topcase and see what affect that has on my mileage. With it Ive beeen getting 42 to 45 mpg.

Should be a good day!
guest2360

Re: Deals Gap...The Dragon

Post by guest2360 »

Top box on or off, no difference to mpg. The higher the screen, the lower the mpg.
Budman

Re: Deals Gap...The Dragon

Post by Budman »

420 total miles today. Not much traffic on the Dragon today, only about a couple dozen bikes at the resort. I got 43 mpg going to the Gap and riding the curves for about 45 minutes. Got 47 going home on the interstate. I was wrong about it being 300 miles each way.
The new VStream was effective as expected. I like it a lot more than the OEM shield. The peg lowering kit was good for the knees but I'm going to have to relocate the shifter lever. The brake lever is going to take a little getting used to since it cant be moved.
The seat is ok, I stop every 125 miles to get a drink or snack and walk around. I could ride longer if I choose but I've gotten into that habit and it seems to work for me.
I'm looking forward to the bar backs getting here as the ride today caused a slight back and neck pain. They are supposed to arrive within the next couple weeks according to Iluim Works.
The bike seems to like 4200 rpms. Seems very smooth there. Lots of pick up at about any rpm but it seems that 4200 is a happy place.
Im really looking forward to a big trip this summer.