My fast light blue RT

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
BMjoe64

My fast light blue RT

Post by BMjoe64 »

Last edited by BMjoe64 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pope

Re: My fast light blue RT

Post by Pope »

A nice Akrapovic can, and colour coded top would look good though...be
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

I went for the chrome and now wish for the Ackrapovic  :(
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

A fast light blue one - now there's a novelty...

:alas: :alas: :alas:
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Not a pretty bike with luggage removed,  just doesn't look right. An Akro would make all the difference.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

beemerbaz wrote: Not a pretty bike with luggage removed,  just doesn't look right. An Akro would make all the difference.

I ride mine a lot with just the small top box.  Doesn't look so good but easier to filter!

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As the front is quite a lot wider than the back panniers shouldn't make much difference when filtering.  Have a bit if a slipover on a gravelly patch or the like and those panniers will save you a fortune in repair costs.   
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

RTman10 wrote: As the front is quite a lot wider than the back panniers shouldn't make much difference when filtering.  Have a bit if a slipover on a gravelly patch or the like and those panniers will save you a fortune in repair costs. 
Tend to agree, the RT looks less good with panniers on but why bother to have them on if you don't need the capacity or don't want to risk silly, but costly mishap. Most pannier damage I know of is when the panniers needn't even have been on the bike. Filtering is no problem with or without panniers and with just large top box on is easy peasey.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

BMjoe64 wrote: Tend to agree, the RT looks less good with panniers on but why bother to have them on if you don't need the capacity or don't want to risk silly, but costly mishap. Most pannier damage I know of is when the panniers needn't even have been on the bike. Filtering is no problem with or without panniers and with just large top box on is easy peasey.

Think you have missed my argument. If you for any reason you drop the bike, the damage to the rear can be quite severe even at a stand still. The end can will touch down on one side and the drive shaft on the other. Both cost a whole lot more to fix than scuffs on a pannier lid. And on top of that the bike looks better with them on I reckon. 
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Mmm, fair comment, not used to expensive shaft drive exposure yet coming from chain drive bike.
Chad

Post by Chad »

I've always left my panniers on & I filter in heavy traffic a lot. If the front goes through easily, the rear will. Although to be honest, I have a surplus ex police reflective motorcycle jacket and a white helmet for commuting. Most of the traffic parts like the Red Sea when they see me in the mirror. Shouting nee nor, nee nor at the top of voice also helps
:))
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

BMjoe64 wrote: Mmm, fair comment, not used to expensive shaft drive exposure yet coming from chain drive bike.

If you don't want to ride with panniers and still protect the expensive rear bits you could always fit rear protection which will give you approximately 1/2 inch more on either side (that's more than the width of panniers) I have rear protection, but always ride with my panniers full or empty. So to be honest not really sure if the look will appeal to you or if it changes the aerodynamics of the bike?
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

All makes sense of course and Panniers now on for a run into Wales 2morrow via Dom's bike stop Leominster.
Also white helmet and hi viz bib which I agree helps part the waters.
Oddly enough, tended to always ride my Caponord with panniers on.