Pillion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
steve.sharkey

Re: Pillion

Post by steve.sharkey »

Just back from her second ride, she's loving it! We had a real mix of roads including a short stretch of motorway and up through Cheddar Gorge. She was much better at anticipating the brakes, shifts and acceleration - no helmet pecking at my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Next trick is to teach her bike cleaning.
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Wouldn't trust her with cleaning it besides I enjoy caressing the bodywork. Got her own kit last weekend and were booked up for a mini tour of Wales next weekend (her birthday treat!)

Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

steve.sharkey wrote: Wouldn't trust her with cleaning it besides I enjoy caressing the bodywork. Got her own kit last weekend and were booked up for a mini tour of Wales next weekend (her birthday treat!)

Do you know Wales well Steve? North, South or West all hold their separate charms and all of them have interesting roads. Hey you may even want to have a look at where the CoW was supposed to be, now there's some nice riding up there on the Heads of the Valley road and on towards Brecon and Llandovery. Needles to say you will love it. Cymru am Byth (Wales for Ever) says a Welshman living in France lol
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

It's pretty much on my doorstep, I'll post pics of the planned route when at my laptop. Basically day 1: from Cheddar crossing and going up not as far from the Welsh/English border overnight near Snowdonia. Day 2: around Snowdonia national park (80 miles) staying at the same place. Day 3: down west coast about half way dipping inland for the reservoirs and home again (280 miles). My brothers are there this weekend but my wife wouldn't have appreciated the pace!

Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

If you are heading back to Bristol (Somerset & Avon) from Aberrystwith to the A470 absolutely stunning and great stop offs and bendy roads as far as Merthyr then a fast road to M4. You will not be disappointed, but watch the over takes, but I am sure you know that anyway. Enjoy