BMW Bluetooth

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Chad

BMW Bluetooth

Post by Chad »

I'm thinking if getting a system 6, however if I get the Bluetooth system with it, will this communicate with my wife's Interphone headset or will I need to get both helmets fitted with the BMW bluetoothe system?
guest2360

Re: BMW Bluetooth

Post by guest2360 »

The answer is no it wont and yes you need two.  IMO there are too many disadvantages to the system to consider it, one being the ridiculous  price.  The Evo is a good helmet but there are far better intercom systems around. If you have the audio unit on your bike you have some restrictions though..  .   
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: The answer is no it wont and yes you need two.  IMO there are too many disadvantages to the system to consider it, one being the ridiculous  price.  The Evo is a good helmet but there are far better intercom systems around. If you have the audio unit on your bike you have some restrictions though..  . 

don't get me started!!

I have RTLC with audio and 6EVO with BMW BT.  The BMW BT is really good as far as BT goes - BUT I only ride solo.  Most of the time, I wear my C3 and use the Autocom, which is far superior...
Chad

Post by Chad »

richardbd wrote:
don't get me started!!

I have RTLC with audio and 6EVO with BMW BT.  The BMW BT is really good as far as BT goes - BUT I only ride solo.  Most of the time, I wear my C3 and use the Autocom, which is far superior...
How does the C3 helmet/blue toothe system compare? Apparently the C3 system has a built in fm radio too. I'm quite happy with the Interphone system, but I'm intrigued as to what benefits other system have (ie the BMW & C3). From what I gather, there aren't any. The other option I have is to just get standard helmets & use my current system.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: How does the C3 helmet/blue toothe system compare? Apparently the C3 system has a built in fm radio too. I'm quite happy with the Interphone system, but I'm intrigued as to what benefits other system have (ie the BMW & C3). From what I gather, there aren't any. The other option I have is to just get standard helmets & use my current system.

In my experience, the radio in the Schuberth SRC system is a waste of battery power.  I never really got on with the SRC at the best of times - that's why I switched to Autocom.  Further, the SRC definitely doesn't work with the BMW audio/Nav5 set-up.

:alas: :alas: :alas:
Chad

Post by Chad »

Now there's a point; will my Interphone intercom work with the nuvi v or will I need to get a garmin 660:-/ the plot thickens...