Clothing preferences

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Chad

Re: Clothing preferences

Post by Chad »

Tell you what Spensert, I'll drop your card off in the summer when I'm in France, and we can check out each other's helmets. (System 6's that is...)
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Chad 25 mins from Oradour sur Glane kettle on May even have a System 6 by then, but have fallen in love with my Schuberth C3 Pro since I resolved the fogging and the reception is mega even for a deaf rider lol
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Spencert231 wrote: Chad, I have passed 40 by +24 on the 10th April yeah you guessed it my birthday was on Friday and you didn't send me a card.
SNAP,  but beat you by 3 days ( 7th )        ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Chad

Post by Chad »

Well, I battled the winds & rode up to coopers BMW this afternoon to check out some new clothes, a helmet & boots. Surprise suprise, didn't have my size in the jacket or trousers I was after, didn't have the boots & didn't have the colour of helmet I wanted. I phoned Alan Jeffries & they everything in stock. Guess I'll be heading down there this weekend all going well!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If they haven't  much stock this time if the year I suspects they haven't bought  in bulk so they wont  be offering much discount.  My dealer's recently had  sheds loads arrived.   
Chad

Post by Chad »

I think given what I intend buying, I might see if Williams will do a deal for me. After all I did buy my bike from them. Even if it's £50 it's better in my pocket than there's!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Chad wrote: I think given what I intend buying, I might see if Williams will do a deal for me. After all I did buy my bike from them. Even if it's £50 it's better in my pocket than there's!
If they have your sized in expect a minimum of 10% off. That will add up to a lot more than £50 on helmets, jacket, booths etc
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Chad wrote: I think given what I intend buying, I might see if Williams will do a deal for me. After all I did buy my bike from them. Even if it's £50 it's better in my pocket than there's!
Best of luck as I mentioned in another thread Williams are pretty fair with existing or past customers. Just looked at your location which hay bail do you live in  :enjoying:
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Associated with this thread on clothing, one of the things I have noted on a long ride this week in pretty hot weather (cicrc 25C), is the need to rethink my use of layers and outer garments. This is due to the fact that the RT "cockpit" doesn't have a lot of 'airflow coming onto the riders torso due to the otherwise excellent screen and streamlining bodywork.

Actually thought (for about 5 mins) I might look into the possibility of fitting some air vents into the (unused) radio speaker covers. Would be an ideal place to have a couple of vents circulating cool air into the cockpit.
Last edited by BMjoe64 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

BMjoe64 wrote: Associated with this thread on clothing, one of the things I have noted on a long ride this week in pretty hot weather (cicrc 25C), is the need to rethink my use of layers and outer garments. This is due to the fact that the RT "cockpit" doesn't have a lot of 'airflow coming onto the riders torso due to the otherwise excellent screen and streamlining bodywork.

Actually thought (for about 5 mins) I might look into the possibility of fitting some air vents into the (unused) radio speaker covers. Would be an ideal place to have a couple of vents circulating cool air into the cockpit.

The flow of cool air in the cockpit is what most of us bought an RT to avoid!!

:)) :)) :))
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Maybe so, but do you have a car? If so do you have any air vents to stop you getting too hot? Same principle, RT stops worst of rain and wind but also prevents a welcome waft when it's very hot. Is all I'm saying. An air vent would be a first on any bike (and more use than a radio), and as welcome as an open face helmet now and then. Bet your riding instructor would like one with that funny gear on.
Last edited by BMjoe64 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

BMjoe64 wrote: Maybe so, but do you have a car? If so do you have any air vents to stop you getting too hot? Same principle, RT stops worst of rain and wind but also prevents a welcome waft when it's very hot. Is all I'm saying. An air vent would be a first on any bike (and more use than a radio), and as welcome as an open face helmet now and then. Bet your riding instructor would like one with that funny gear on.

Actually, I agree Joe.  I seem to remember that the FJR has/had air vents in the fairing - or did imagine that?
Chad

Post by Chad »

Spencert231 wrote:Just looked at your location which hay bail do you live in  :enjoying:
I'm a little way off the 'dropped pin' as my home would be very easy to find with it being rather isolated (hence the two mastiffs). The map shows the road names & the position of our farm track etc. so for security reasons I wasn't totally accurate with my address ;)
Chad

Post by Chad »

BMjoe64 wrote: Associated with this thread on clothing, one of the things I have noted on a long ride this week in pretty hot weather (cicrc 25C), is the need to rethink my use of layers and outer garments. This is due to the fact that the RT "cockpit" doesn't have a lot of 'airflow coming onto the riders torso due to the otherwise excellent screen and streamlining bodywork.

In southern Germany during July/August it's invariably 35+ degrees. What I've found most comfortable over the years is lockable flip front helmet in the UP position, an Endurance long sleeve base layer (wicks moisture away very well), a mesh jacket (Triump- mesh front panels/inside of sleeve and all of the back- sleeves, shoulders in leather), loose Kevlar cargo pants, short urban boots and GS rallye gloves. It works very well for me.
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

richardbd wrote:
Actually, I agree Joe.  I seem to remember that the FJR has/had air vents in the fairing - or did imagine that?
Think so, was looking at a Honda Wing (not sure which exact model) yesterday in Fowlers, Bristol and chatting with an 05 RT owner. We both noted the ventilation grille in the bikes fixed windscreen, so air vents/nozzles would not be a first for the RT, but for BMW they would probably have to be connected to an air conditioning unit to justify the £3,000 extra cost. :))