Done I think?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Budman

Done I think?

Post by Budman »

This past week I installed the handle bar risers on my 2014 RT. So now I think I am done for a while. Installing them was really pretty simple as long as I followed the online instructions.
So, now Im done for a while. I have the peg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery, simple to install except the spring that was kind of a pain. I have the MachineArt cylinder guards that were very easy to install. I have a Wunderlich rack on the top case that Ive had on there since I had the 2012, it was a real pain in the ass to install.
I use a Wolfman Ranier tank bag.
Picked up a disk lock alarm from Revzilla.

Id like to install some auxiliary lights sometime but that not really a priority right now.

With her new Arai helmet and new riding gear I think we are ready to head out this summer for a big trip.

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Done I think?

Post by richardbd »

Three questions Budman...

1.  What brand of bar risers did you fit?
2.  Do they make much difference?
3.  Do you have Gear-shift assist? 
Budman

Post by Budman »

I purchased the Iluim Works bar risers. Ive only done about 120 miles with them but can feel a difference in my back and shoulders. Together with the Suburban Machinery peg lowers I have a more comfortable ride.

I do not have gear assist. If you have the peg lowers and adjust the gear shift lever (which is simple to do) you will not have any problems.

I forgot to mention that I also installed the side stand enlarger from Iluim Works, wish I had done it sooner. Big difference in stability when parked.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Budman wrote: I purchased the Iluim Works bar risers. Ive only done about 120 miles with them but can feel a difference in my back and shoulders. Together with the Suburban Machinery peg lowers I have a more comfortable ride.

I do not have gear assist. If you have the peg lowers and adjust the gear shift lever (which is simple to do) you will not have any problems.

I forgot to mention that I also installed the side stand enlarger from Iluim Works, wish I had done it sooner. Big difference in stability when parked.

Thanks - no problem adjusting the brake pedal?

Chad

Post by Chad »

Can you upload photos of the bar risers budman? If anyone lives near me gets some of these fitted I'd love to try them (TS9 region North Yorkshire).
Budman

Post by Budman »

The brake peddle is a little problematic. It sits a little higher than I would like but is doable. Im going to buy a used or new brake lever and
see if I can alter it.

http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycl ... =97&sc2=43

Check  this link to the Iluim Works site , its a better picture than I could do.

Bud