I may need a thinner bike...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

I may need a thinner bike...

Post by richardbd »

So, I traded my Multistrada for an RTLC six months ago, mainly for the increased weather protection on a winter commute.  I've been genuinely surprised by how I've taken to the RT; the more I ride it, the more I love it.  It really is a fabulous piece of kit.

However, I've juts moved house and now only have a (slightly longer and wider than normal) single garage and - when I finally clear all the removal boxes out - I suspect the RT and the car (VW Tiguan) won't both go in.  The tape measure says they'll fit but I suspct only if they're lowered into position by crane!

I'm going through all the shorter, narrower car options with Mrs BD but reckon a narrower bike might be part of the solution.

Any (preferably sensible) suggestions and/or recommendations?

Levisp

Re: I may need a thinner bike...

Post by Levisp »

Is the garage floor smooth ? If it is then may be a motorcycle mover such as this

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/003 ... ycle-Mover

may solve your problem. With something like this you can manoeuvre a motorcycle in a confined space and get it close to a wall. Very difficult without.
Pope

Post by Pope »

Car lives on the drive, and bike lives in the garage, plus room to spare in the garage for tinkering with then bike....simples be

I have 2 x cars and 3 x bikes and a single garage, so my cars HAVE to live on the drive....
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

richardbd wrote:I've just moved house and now only have a (slightly longer and wider than normal) single garage.
Our garage is only 18' x 8', using a Becker-Technik mover for the centre stand on each bike, http://www.becker-technik.de/, I get two bikes & one car in the garage.
Last edited by David. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Pope has the answer.  Cars are for drives.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Somewhat extreme -  but  Richard you could consider......  :alas:

:alas:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Chad

Post by Chad »

Ever noticed how a wet car going into the garage is always wet in the morning when you go back to it...? If you want to look after your car, leave outside in the breeze. Your garage will be plenty big enough then for your RT!