PDM60 Power Distribution Module

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
fende

PDM60 Power Distribution Module

Post by fende »

I recently installed a PDM60 power distribution module on my 2014 R1200RTW.  I have attached a picture so you can see where I installed it.  Very quick install close to battery, ground and ignition trigger...www.pdm60.com
Attachments
IMG_7554.jpg
stelyn

Re: PDM60 Power Distribution Module

Post by stelyn »

Hi fende, welcome to the forum -  good installation....... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

fende wrote: I recently installed a PDM60 power distribution module on my 2014 R1200RTW.  I have attached a picture so you can see where I installed it.  Very quick install close to battery, ground and ignition trigger...www.pdm60.com

Why what is the benefit?
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

The only benefit is if you want to wire lots of accessories at different amperages. You can program the clever box for each circuit. Works with BMW CanBus system. I don't have one have no need, just what I have read.

http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Levisp wrote: The only benefit is if you want to wire lots of accessories at different amperages. You can program the clever box for each circuit. Works with BMW CanBus system. I don't have one have no need, just what I have read.

http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules
Thanks Levisp very interesting, but I have no need either: my satnav is integrated, my grips and seat heat is integrated, my heated vest is plugged in to the auxiliary output. Job done maybe if I had additional lights but can't see the need.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

+1 Agree. You would need to plug in more than aux lights to make the cost worthwhile. I too don't know what multiple accessories people want to use. I have one lead from battery with 15 amp fuse thats under the seat, used to plug in my air compressor for emergency tyre inflation. Any other stuff such as battery charging, heated vest, charging phones etc is done via aux socket. May be OP could enlighten us.
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

fende wrote: I recently installed a PDM60 power distribution module on my 2014 R1200RTW.  I have attached a picture so you can see where I installed it.  Very quick install close to battery, ground and ignition trigger...www.pdm60.com

Thanks for posting this.  I decided to follow your lead and placed a PDM60 there as well.  So far so good.  I do appreciate the close proximity to the battery.

One question, what ignition wire did you access?  I ended accessing a trigger wire under the right front fairing.