GPS I've or v

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

GPS I've or v

Post by daverj »

I have a 2015 1200RT can I use any bmw GPS unit or is it just the latest unit.  Anyone have any recommendations.  Thank you
R1250RT LE
Spencert231

Re: GPS I've or v

Post by Spencert231 »

daverj wrote: I have a 2015 1200RT can I use any bmw GPS unit or is it just the latest unit.  Anyone have any recommendations.  Thank you
i suppose it's all down to what model you have and will the terminals match up along with the locking catches. My guess is it's doubtful as they upgrade models to force us to keep buying new. If the answer is no, then I suggest you check out the thread on using mobile phones as there appears to be some great success at a fraction of the cost.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

Thanks for that. Will wait for the price to come down on the genuine OE item
R1250RT LE
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

I have had the nav iv and now the nav v and I have to say that although expensive the bmw motorrad navigator v (5) is brilliant. I am touring Germany as we speak and it is faultless. GPS is superb, phone calls are crystal clear and it is very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

I bought a zumo 660 secondhand  it fits the cradle ok will see how it performs through tFrance and Italy next week
Last edited by daverj on Sat May 30, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R1250RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The Garmin 660, Navigator IV and V are all compatible with the LC cradle.  However the wonder wheel won't work with the 660.  The Nav V I find is far superior to the IV.  Bigger brighter screen and faultless prompts throughout UK and Europe. The Media player is also first class with separate volume settings for prompts, phone and music.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

The 660 was faultless throughout France Switzerland and Italy but like you say doesn't work with the wheel. Can't complain for the money
R1250RT LE