GOT IT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

GOT IT

Post by Maz12 »

Collected the bike today,  WOW..  what an amazing machine,  not having had a test ride it was all new to me.
Sad to see my 2012RT go but  WOW
Acceleration, brakes, quick shift, hill start all amazing,    The mirrors are far better than the previous model do I won't be needing my extra mirrors now, 
Struggled with the clutch bite at first,  Revving the bejesus out of it and going nowhere but soon Sussed that out,  just need to fit my crash bars then 'jobs a good en'
Maz12

Re: GOT IT

Post by Maz12 »

I had my autocom swapped onto the new bike but it's not fully functional yet..  A 5 pin extension lead is on order ?
Didn't notice ant difference in wind protection!  But then again I thought the old one was fine anyway.
Bet your counting down the hours til Tuesday.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: I had my autocom swapped onto the new bike but it's not fully functional yet..  A 5 pin extension lead is on order ?
Didn't notice ant difference in wind protection!  But then again I thought the old one was fine anyway.
Bet your counting down the hours til Tuesday.
[/quot
5 PIN, that's some age.  All I would say is everything about the 7 pin kit is better and a lot cheaper when you need any replacements. Or are we talking 5 pin for bike to bike kit?
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I have the latest autocom?  I may be wrong about 5pin ( I do have bike to bike)
It's the autocom part that switches between speakers or headset..  Apparently the lead isn't long enough for the new RT,    so they've ordered an extension,  It might be male to female 3.5mm jack ??
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Don't know what they are up to.  Sounds like its the music lead to connect your alpine unit to the Autonom.  Distance between the two should be no more than 6 inches if they mount your Autocom under the pillion seat. The lead can be connected to the speaker leads where they connect to the Alpine unit.  One of these cables has a switch on it and costs twice the price of the one that doesn't. Its totally unnecessary as the volume level through your headset is only about 2 bars on the scale and can hardly be heard through the speakers so there is no need to isolate them. Part number is 2273.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

2275 is the part... I think
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: 2275 is the part... I think
That's the one with the switch.  £24 more and you have to drill a hole somewhere to mount it.  On my old 1200s it was done in the radio compartment but I never used it.  Not so easy on the new one with everything under the seat. 
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

They've mounted it about 50mm above the front power socket,  dosent look too bad.
Surprised how tight it is in the right stowage compartment,  hard enough getting the adaptor lead in, let alone an iPod
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: They've mounted it about 50mm above the front power socket,  dosent look too bad.
Surprised how tight it is in the right stowage compartment,  hard enough getting the adaptor lead in, let alone an iPod
They have put your Autocom unit in the right stowage compartment?  Or is the cable in there.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Autocom under pillion seat,  I got the audio package so got the 2275 switc to swap between bike speakers or autocom/headset,
Use the autocom BTO2? for nav iv directions to headset,  iPod in stowage compartment
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: Autocom under pillion seat,  I got the audio package so got the 2275 switc to swap between bike speakers or autocom/headset,
Use the autocom BTO2? for nav iv directions to headset,  iPod in stowage compartment
With the audio cable fitted the Nav will talk to you via your Autocom.  Both you and your pillion will hear it and you can control its volume  with the wheel. You need to disable its BT to make it work.  You can use your Autocom BT dongle to auto answer your phone. That way You are not tempted to play with buttons on the move. Still think its a shame your dealer didn't connect  the cable directly to the Alpine unit. I suspect the only time you will touch the switch is when you inadvertently switch everything off with it.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

RTman10 wrote: With the audio cable fitted the Nav will talk to you via your Autocom.  Both you and your pillion will hear it and you can control its volume  with the wheel. You need to disable its BT to make it work.  You can use your Autocom BT dongle to auto answer your phone. That way You are not tempted to play with buttons on the move. Still think its a shame your dealer didn't connect  the cable directly to the Alpine unit. I suspect the only time you will touch the switch is when you inadvertently switch everything off with it.

Disable the bikes Bluetooth or the satnav's? 
On the same set up on my last RT I never got the phone to work properly (I could hear them, they couldn't hear me)  in the beginning I could listen to music on my nav through the headset.. But at some point I could only get turn directions
So I pair my phone to my bt dongle ?
If I'm working on the bike or washing it I will flick the switch to listen to the radio through the bike speakers, so it does get used
What sequence would you recommend I pair things then ?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

On my 1600 I disabled the BT on the Nav and the bike. I listened to everything through the Autocom.  My phone I paired with the BTM02A and let it auto answer.  For music I plugged in a flashcard and let the alpine unit work it.  It will sort/shuffle or whatever you want. and of course  the card takes up next to no space.  The system is just the same on the RT.  The only down side is if you have the music very loud  the Nav prompts can sound a bit corrupt.  Its very easy though to just flick the wheel to reduce the volume.  Use of the wheel soon becomes an automatic reaction thing. You cannot get music out of the Nav when its connected to a bike with the Alpine unit.  You will get a message telling you to use the bike.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz 12.  What you doing on this forum with a day old RT at home.  I have an excuse, still have a 2 day wait for mine..
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

RTman10 wrote: Maz 12.  What you doing on this forum with a day old RT at home.  I have an excuse, still have a 2 day wait for mine..

Life wouldn't be worth living if I'd gone out today,  but I have a pass for tomorrow.. Roll on tomorrow