AUTOCOM ON 2014 RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: AUTOCOM ON 2014 RT

Post by David. »

Maz12 wrote: If you have the latest autocom then I believe the Bluetooth module takes its power from the autocom unit?
Autocom - Technical Advice:- http://autocom.co.uk/helmet-communicati ... nuals.html

Have a look at the "BTM-02A Compatibility with Pre-2009 Models" button.

On an early "Active Plus" unit and I had to disable the "PowerLink", (click button for details).

Powerlink Disable:- http://www.autocom.co.uk/manuals/PowerLink.pdf

If in any doubt or you need any further "Technical Advice", consider giving Autocom a call, I've always found them very helpful.

Last edited by David. on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

I had post this info in another thread but for other's benefit I'll pop it in this Autocom thread.

I've used a fuzeblock to save messing with relays etc.
I ran two leads direct from the battery to the Fuzeblock and took the switched live from the rear accessory socket (the red and green wire). I removed the rear rack cover, rear rack and one grab handle to make access easier and used a Posi-tap.
There is surprisingly loads of room under the pillion seat (non audio RT) so velcroed (is that an actual word?) the devices in place. In my opinion it all looks tidy and works a treat.

Last edited by 7vwh on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Looks like a nice neat DIY installation. The Dealers wanted £200 to install Sat. Nav. & Autocom equipment on my 2012 RT, took the DIY option.
Maz12 wrote:It must be only the SPA unit that has a power point for the Bluetooth module.
Powering the Bluetooth Module:- http://www.autocom.co.uk/manuals/BTM02AManual.pdf

I now remember having to cut the power plug off & use the Active Plus Autocom +ve supply, after first removing the Powerlink from the unit itself.
7vwh wrote:I've used a fuzeblock to save messing with relays etc.
Not seen one of these before, looks useful for multiple accessories:- http://www.fuzeblocks.com/index.php
Last edited by David. on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcosalopo

Post by Marcosalopo »

I had my Autocon SPA installed by dealer. also had it transferred to loan K1600GTL. I bought a Bluetooth unit for this bike to connect to audio and sat nav. Worked but bypassed the magic wheel so only got loud! On RT I have fitted the Autocom switch to the speaker wires. Works well, situated switch above radio controls,looks neat and easy to operate. Wiring diagram from Autocom is vague, shows K1600 and Honda wiring, strangely Honda method works on RT. If anyone needs to know which wire colours to use I can have a look. May be difficult to photo as wiring was tight.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Autocom also produce a connection wire without the switch.  Much easier to install as it can all be attached at the Alpine unit. Audio coming through the speakers when you have your headset attached is so low it cant be heard. Also half the price and no drilling required..  Had this on my previous 1600 GTL.  My RT has no Alpine unit so I have had to resort to bluetooth to attach my Nav V via an Autocom Logic. As the Nav V allows you to have separate volume settings for music phone and prompts the system works very well but it does take a bit longer to change the volume setting.
mayhaw20

Post by mayhaw20 »

Hello, I have about the same hookup as in the photos Above, However the intercom  sounds very `Tinny` and very hard to understand. Wonder if anyone
has had this problem and what was done to correct it?.........Thanks!!
Mayhaw20
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Most of the time you have a bad/tinny sound from a system like Autocom - it's because of out of alignment from the loudspeaker and the year.

Have a look at http://www.k6gtl.com/index.php/topic,663.0.html

STeinar
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As Steinar confirms its most likely your speakers are not lined up properly with your ears. If you put them on your ears with the headset out of the helmet you will then know what it should sound like when you re-install it all.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Bumped into a fellow RT Forum member in Bridlington yesterday, he (sorry forgotten your username on here),  was asking about locating an autocom etc. on his RT.

Said I would try to find a thread which may be helpful, hopefully this will be.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

DaygloDavid wrote: Bumped into a fellow RT Forum member in Bridlington yesterday, he (sorry forgotten your username on here), was asking about locating an autocom etc. on his RT.

Said I would try to find a thread which may be helpful, hopefully this will be.

Mine goes under the rear luggage rack - with the radio under the pillion seat.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Where you put and and power it from depends on what bike it is.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The clue is in the title of the thread.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

So it is.  I put photo on here showing mine, can't find it though.  But it goes under the pillion seat and is wired to the block at the front of the front seat.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Knew you could find it.