Fresh blood! Considering purchasing an RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Fatbike

Re: Fresh blood! Considering purchasing an RT

Post by Fatbike »

Great choice, I've dived in and signed up for my own 1200RT after a good test ride, exactly what you need for sure regardless of the weather.  Here is sunny Western Australia where you've got to go looking for cold weather I'm looking forward to years with the bike.  Traded a one year old 1200 Sport Guzzi, also a good bike compared to my previous Harley Davidson experience.  Thanks for letting me join the forum, plenty to read.  Attachment is the bike I've decided on, colour is beautiful, top box and GPS later on when the funds return.
Attachments
10934141_913545475343343_25930420644452876_o.jpg
Living the good life..
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi `Fatbike'  and welcome to the Forum,  nice looking colour,  post more photos when you get it - enjoy      ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Welcome nice to have you on board great looking bike I hope you enjoy your bike as much I enjoy mine.
ToBeFree

Post by ToBeFree »

Well the only thing I can say is..... Used is good. Here is my new to me 08 with 6,000 miles.
Attachments
MyR1200RT.jpg
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Welcome to the forum.  6K in 6 years?  Time you woke it up.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

ToBeFree wrote: Well the only thing I can say is..... Used is good. Here is my new to me 08 with 6,000 miles.
Welcome to the Forum,  that Bike looks immaculate,  enjoy.... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

My RT came with Z8s.  I have no reason to dislike or complain about them - but they simply don't inspire the same confidence the PR3s did on my Multistrada.

Until I put the PR3s on the MTS, I'd always just replaced tyres with more of whatever the bike was originally shod with.  The PR3s were a total revelation - totally transforming the bike's handling and making me a tyre geek!

Interestingly, the last set of tyres on the MTS were PR4s.  They were good but definitely didn't have the magic grip of the PR3.  In fact, the Z8s remind me of the PR4 - they're good but they're not great.

So, as soon as I've taken enough tread of the Z8s to not feel too bad about replacing them, I'm going to see if I can get PR3s for the RT...