What have you got planned for 2015?

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
Maz12

Re: What have you got planned for 2015?

Post by Maz12 »

So wish I was going with you
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

What have you got planned for 2015?

Post by beemerbaz »

RTman10 wrote: Going with Pidcock Motorcycles on their tour to Austria 10 day trip based in Zell Am Zee.  All inclusive 4 star hotel close to the Grossglockner Pass. Have a look at their web site www.pidcock.com
I did the Grossglockner this year, absolutely brilliant, make sure you take plenty of stops for pics. We went right out the other side after looking at the glacier, into the first town for refreshments and rode back again, we were lucky with the weather but it can vary by the hour/min

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by beemerbaz on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

We went last year and going back nest for a 6 day stay in Zell Am See. Amazing snow, bone dry roads.
Attachments
zell am see 004.JPG
zell am see 008.JPG
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

A couple of shots from our 2013 trip to Austria, the Grossglockner Pass.

slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

I went to an international school in Islamabad Pakistan in the mid '70s. All my friends had dirtbikes there and we had an absolute blast riding in the foothills of the Himalayas. Well, almost 40 years later and I'm back in contact with the same bunch of guys and they all still love their motorcycles. We are planning a ride starting in central Texas and riding northwest through Utah towards northern Ca. Then down the coast to where I live in north county San Diego. Should be an absolute blast.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

sofnolime wrote: Got a couple of weeks lined up for next year. First up,  take in Mull & Skye, then up the west coast and along the top and over to Orkney for a few days and then back down the east coast.  Later in the year, a week with the wife down through the Lake District, over to York to see friends and then meander back up the east cost.
Then probably my biggest personal challenge is to get away camping for a weekend, sounds easy but after a couple of bad diving incidents my joints can take a bit of starting in the morning if I sleep the wrong way!  I hope I can work this one out as I used to love getting away with the tent...

John
The key to all joint and blood flow issues apart from something comfortable to sleep in and on is to remain DRY and WARM if that is cracked "bring it on". A quick brewing stove

You do realise this thread will end up with about 25 other items from our traveler friends, but I am talking from a survival point and your ailments. You will be inundated with tents, sleeping bags, mat, cots, givi bags, etc, etc.  which is all good stuff and would have been tried and tested by our esteem colleagues who do a lot of this, me I did thirty years of it and now look for the 3-5 star accommodation lol

Best of luck

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Two trip planned so far.  First in late May to Austria.  3 day trip from Nottingham, 200 then 370 and then 340 into Zell Am See. Then spend 6 days playing in the mountains and back again. 2500 miles about in 10 days.  In September a quick tour round a bit of Scotland fir 6 days. About 900 miles.  All with Pidcock Travel.  Got to go on them, I run them.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Aside from the usual few weekends around the UK, our big trip this year will be off-roading around Iceland so the new RT will have to wait a little longer before it gets to see its homeland again...
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Hello, new RT owner,
We're going to Austria with the Pidcocks motorcycle tour. This will be only our second venture abroad on a bike.
In early September we're spending a week in Scotland, two bikes this time. Callander first and last nights with 4 nights in Oban in between. We've been several times before on bikes and love it. Our challenge this year is to go through Glencoe without it raining. LOL
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Barri.  Have sent you an Email.
Mick c

Post by Mick c »

There is a club over here called the Ulysses Motorcycle Club for older riders, min age of 40 to join ... So we tend to be a more laid back crowd.  We have an annual get together called the AGM and this year its in Wodonga (halfway between Sydney and Melbourne) so a group of us are off there for a week in March.  it can attract anything from 1000 to 6000 and is always a good laugh and time to catch-up with old mates.  Wodonga is on a major river and close to the "Alpine" country...a mere bump in the landscape compared to the ALPS.  But it gives up the opportunity to go for leisurely rides in some nice countryside.  Last year was in Alice Springs and it was generally speaking about a 4 day ride just to get there!  This year is only about 4 hours up the highway for us.  I will hopefully post some pictures after the event.

Mick and Trace.
Mick C
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Got a few weekends planned over the next few weeks. Yorkshire Dales, North Wales,  Mid Wales(Brecons).
West coast of Scotland early June. Looking forward to it as I've never been :)
Main trip this year is two weeks in the Picos, Spain ;D that should be a stonker! ;)
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Doing a 4 day Tour to Wales, heading South into the Brecon Beacons, then working our way North into Snowdonia.

2 Weeks in Germany is now booked.

Heading to Norway over 2 weeks, via, Germany, Denmark & Sweden.
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

DaygloDavid wrote:
Heading to Norway over 2 weeks, via, Germany, Denmark & Sweden.

I will be interested to see how you get on in Norway, I am thinking about Norway next year.
choogh

Post by choogh »

Starting in 10 days we are taking a 3 month tour of France and Italy. one on a rt 1200, the other on a Kwacker 250!!  Should be fun..
Camping and Ibis budget hotels..