Optional Extras

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Pope

Re: Optional Extras

Post by Pope »

So far i've added the following to my fully specked RTLE

Arkrapovic Can
Wunderlich touring screen
LED Aux Lights
Fender extender
Cmark Crud catcher
Grip Puppies

Next? not sure, maybe HiD headlight upgrade, as i think i now have a pretty perfect bike.

Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: Thanks.  Been thinking about fitting some but so far I cant detect any scuffing on the mat finish.  Soon as I do I'll pop some on.
It was the pad on the tank I was after mainly to stop zip scratching or the front of my jacket. Notwithstanding I fitted the next two pieces which sit next to the pad and didn't like the way the third and final pieces looked so didn't put them on but have noticed fading where my knees grip the tank. So I will look at putting them on in the next couple of days.

The set comes as a five piece: tank pad on top and two sections on each side.
Budman

Post by Budman »

I just purchased a 2014. Ive  had a Touratech Flat tank bag on my other RTs but the one made for the 2014 is small. What have you found that works well?

Taking a big trip this summer around the western states. Having a tank bag for small things and a map top is very handy. Ann and I will be gone about 3 weeks.

This is my first post in this forum. Glad to be here, nice to have RT exclusive forum.

Bud
Denver NC
USA 
chrisvh

Post by chrisvh »

I like the Wunderlich Elephant tank bag.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Nothing wrong with the proper BMW one.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I don't have one on "Arty" but I used a Kriega 10 or 20ltr on my Tiger XC depending on the journey good bit of kit but not sure if or how they would look on the BMW. I have a waist belt from Kriega and panniers so don't need tank bag at the moment and if I can sort my head out on what top box to get probably won't need a tank bag.
Best of luck deciding. 
Pope

Post by Pope »

Budman wrote:
This is my first post in this forum. Glad to be here, nice to have RT exclusive forum.

Bud
Denver NC
USA

Hello and welcome along Bud.. :)
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

RTman10 wrote: Nothing wrong with the proper BMW one.
[emoji106]
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Being a tight git I have only fitted the following
Autocom Logic with Bluetooth dongle (swapped from last bike)
BMW Navigator V (swapped from last bike)
Pyramid fender extender NEW £12.00
Halfords rubber protection strips for panniers NEW £9.99
Small BMW Top box (swapped from 3 bikes back)
Leaves me with some cash for petrol in 2015
shinyface

Post by shinyface »

And you don`t live over the border RT man so there is no excuse.....lol  ;)

Shinyface  ;D
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

shinyface wrote: And you don`t live over the border RT man so there is no excuse.....lol  ;)

Shinyface  ;D
I'v had professional training.  The wife's from Orkney
weston

Post by weston »

Budman wrote: I just purchased a 2014. I've  had a Touratech Flat tank bag on my other RTs but the one made for the 2014 is small. What have you found that works well?

Taking a big trip this summer around the western states. Having a tank bag for small things and a map top is very handy. Ann and I will be gone about 3 weeks.

Bud
Denver NC
USA

I had the same experience with the Touratech bag that was perfect on my K1600, but was not properly sized for the R1200RT. In tried the BMW bag but found it too high and not convenient.
Solution: an RKA bag which is perfectly sized and has a detachable map pocket.  Works better than any other bag I've seen and has the added benefit of no mfr. logo, except for one small sewn on patch that is easily removed without showing any needle holes.  Price is also very appealing -- roughly 1/2 the cost of the inferior BMW bag.

Hope this helps.

Weston
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I have now added but not yet collected the weather protection parts discovered by SweRT. Looks easy enough to stick on.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

RTman10 wrote: I have now added but not yet collected the weather protection parts discovered by SweRT. Looks easy enough to stick on.

Did you get an ETA for them coming in? Rainbow couldn't even give me an invoice when I paid up :-~

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Going in today so will let you know.