christmas rideout

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
lenho

christmas rideout

Post by lenho »

Not put off by the weather me and my 2012 RT travelled from Barrow to Bolton and back to take in a cracking Wanderers game on Boxing Day followed by a chilly trip to Glasgow and back on the 27th returning on the 29th.  Rain lashed down on the Bolton trip and the journey back from Scotland was cold and foggy punctuated by some lovely sunshine over the Beattocks.  Not too many bikes about which is probably a feature of my sanity but absolutely loved it. Heated grips, seat and jacket served me well and now looking forward to onset  of spring - ever the optimist!  The RT is a fantastic tourer and I couldn't conceive doing the same trips on any other bike. Anybody else as daft as me?
Levisp

Re: christmas rideout

Post by Levisp »

Ive had some great rides over the last two weeks. Been lucky here in the SE dry just cold. Even managed 130 miles on my Ducati Multistrada to get a fresh tank on fuel in her. Must admit it made the RT even more enjoyable beats the Ducati for weather protection. The RT is a joy to ride.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Last time out for me was on the 22nd. Been nothing but sheet ice round here since then. Temp this morning is -3C so that's anther day with the shed door lock frozen solid. 
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Icy here today so no riding for me. :'(
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Yeah the temperatures dropped down a bit,  here in Kent as well ......

Last edited by stelyn on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window