Handle Bar Risers

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Handle Bar Risers

Post by Casbar »

The Helibars look very nice. I get numb fingers only on my right hand, have fitted grip puppies which help. How do risers stop fingers going numb? I am also only 5ft 8 so not sure if risers would make any appreciable difference, as I don't suffer from sore back or wrists currently. But do like the look of them  :)
Stebun

Post by Stebun »

Good picture to get perspective on the riser. How difficult were the cable relocations. I put a Heli Bar riser kit on my wife's F 800 a few years back and had a bear of a time with retaining the original cables. Great service at Heli bars got me through it and the product is very good.
Steve Boone
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

Hey Steve,
Per the Helibars install instructions, you put the controls on the Helibars BEFORE they are mounted to the handlebar casting. The only routing issue is the right side, where the cables are secured to the frame. You must cut the tie wrap and install the provided replacement, securing the cables to the upper frame member rather than the lower one the factory uses. That's it.
Stay well, stay safe. 8) [size=78%] [/size]
Oh the places we will go
dusty1300

Post by dusty1300 »

Just thought I'd mention that I installed the Ilium bar backs today on my wife's RT.

I just use a hair dryer as described before, did a little twisting of the, out it came, installed in minutes.

We haven't ridden it yet, will find out how well they work tomorrow.

Thanks for the help. I'm new to this forum, but already great info here!!!

Tom
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

dusty1300 wrote: Just thought I'd mention that I installed the Ilium bar backs today on my wife's RT.

I just use a hair dryer as described before...

So Tom, your wife has an RT and you have a hair-dryer?

She sounds like my kind of girl.  Not so sure about you though!

:alas: :alas: :alas:
dusty1300

Post by dusty1300 »

Very funny Richard :-)

I'm driving a GTL 1600 ( the hayabusa for old people )

BTW, it was my wife's hair dryer... mine dries in like 5 minutes,  not bald, but not much hair either.

Tom