Another Newby- Australia

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ricwolt

Another Newby- Australia

Post by Ricwolt »

Hello Beemers
I am Richard and live with my partner Paula in Brisbane Australia
I just purchased a 2010 R1200RT and trust I will do many 1000's of km as we can ride all year round in this part of the world. I have had Beemers all my riding life starting with a 17 y.o R67/2 for the first years and upgrading to R60; R75/5 and an R80RT which I collected from Munich BMW delivery point in '85. After covering 185.000km on it I bought a K1100LTSE but never liked it and sold it quickly after doing about 10.000 k's it. I am a boxer man obviously. The next bike was a  R100RT Classic- the very last one available. At the same time I bought a Second hand R100GSPD on which I rode through Asia to Europe and travelled North Africa and the Middle East on it. Two years ago when it was 21 years old and had 225.000 km covered I sold it for a R1200GS. Later changing to a F800GS which s now up for sale. I trust I will do lots of km on my new RT.  I also have a 1150RT  (Converted RS) in Europe which is permanently parked in Holland. I travel to Europe every year and decide on the spot where to go. In Vietnam I have a little Honda 110 which is a large bike over there. I use that every year as well for about a month at the time when I am on my way to Europe or on the way  back to Aus. Needless to say that I covered just about every major road in Australia and am leaving for a round trip Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney at the end of the January. Further more both my partner and I have BMW cars as well -are we BMW crazy-?perhaps.
And by the way, overseas riders are always welcome to stay a night or two. I hope to contribute and learn from being a member on this site. Greeting from a warm Brisbane[attachimg=1]

Attachments
bd4706699941067544633 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by Ricwolt on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Far away is only far away if you never go there
guest2360

Re: Another Newby- Australia

Post by guest2360 »

Greetings from a damp, cold and miserable Nottingham.  Welcome on board.  With your history I'm sure you will contribute lots to our combined knowledge.   
Ricwolt

Post by Ricwolt »

Thank you RT Man- hope to ride the UK this summer
cheers Richard
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Hi Richard & Paula,

Look forward to learning more about your Aussie travels and of course seeing plenty of pictures posted onto the forum. If you have other friends with RT's would you spread the word ?

I am relatively new to BM's but on my 4th in 10yrs and am currently on a 90th anniversary edition.

If your partner is a regular pillion it would be interesting to read reports from the rear seat too [emoji106]
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi and welcome to the `Forum' no doubt you can post some scenic photos of your travels.  That Bike looks immaculate.  Contribute and enjoy the Forum  C:-)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Welcome Riwolt good to have you on board sounds like you are " the package" all rolled into one with your bike experience and travel. I am on my very first BMW done Honda, Yamaha and long time Triumph man. I am a Welshman living in France and if you are stuck for an overnight stop if in Europe drop me a line, once again welcome.
Ricwolt

Post by Ricwolt »

Thanks for the reply- I will keep it in mind
regards
richard
Waratah

Post by Waratah »

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum.
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS