Ideal Toolkit?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Ideal Toolkit?

Post by richardbd »

Guys,

I'm looking for some advice on the ideal toolkit I should be carrying on the LC RT.  My previous bike was a Multistrada and I had the kit nicely sorted.  Now I seem to need all these funny torx keys and stuff like that.  I don't want to go to the expense of a Cruz kit - I've got most of the bits already - just looking for tips on the RT specific things you think I should be carrying...

Richard
stelyn

Re: Ideal Toolkit?

Post by stelyn »

Hi David.
'DaygloDavid'  provided some good info on this subject.  Read it in the Forums `Tools section'  For the later models,  Rtman10 is the `font of all knowledge'
Regards,  Steve 
Last edited by stelyn on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Many many years ago when I got my first 1150RT it came with the bits under the seat just like the present RTs.  I made a fuss and got a supplementary tool kit as BMW call it for free. Its now been used on a total of 8 bikes and seems to have all the necessary bits to keep you going. I'm not sure if its still available but its part no was, 71 60 7 691 294. If you look in Real OEM at a  2007 RT Sec 77 there is a picture of all the tools in the bag. 
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Many many years ago when I got my first 1150RT it came with the bits under the seat just like the present RTs.  I made a fuss and got a supplementary tool kit as BMW call it for free. Its now been used on a total of 8 bikes and seems to have all the necessary bits to keep you going. I'm not sure if its still available but its part no was, 71 60 7 691 294. If you look in Real OEM at a  2007 RT Sec 77 there is a picture of all the tools in the bag.
Cheers RTMan - have already found a ready supply of said kit...
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Venhill http://www.venhill.co.uk/ are the UK Distributor for CruzTools, looks like they do some nice kit.

richardbd

Post by richardbd »

DaygloDavid wrote: Venhill http://www.venhill.co.uk/ are the UK Distributor for CruzTools, looks like they do some nice kit.
They do some nice prices too!

;-)