Front Paddock Stand

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Levisp

Re: Front Paddock Stand

Post by Levisp »

Cheaper than what ? paddock stand maybe, scissor jack no. The advantage of getting the front wheel off the ground is not just to be able to rotate it easily for cleaning but to be able to remove the front wheel for tyre changes etc.. Sorry cannot see the point of rollers.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would have thought the roller would be useful if you had one of them chain things and no centre stand.  A bit over the  top just to spin the front wheel possibly and I doubt it would work on the LC as the rear wheel is not far off the ground when its on the centre stand.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Yup agree I think they were designed for lubing chains on bikes with no centre stand. For our bikes not much use.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Our Gee
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

ImageRe: Front Paddock StandRe: Front Paddock Stand

Photo's show the Official BMW Motorrad Approved Front Paddock Stand. Only available to Qualified Motorcycle Engineers on special order. If anyone feels they can successfully construct a replica the required overall height is 230mm including the special rubber sump protection strip.
Instructions for use as follows.
Place Stand next to bike in easy to reach position.
Shout for help,( usually Her Indoors) or any other passing person who preferably weighs more than 8 stone (112lbs for our American Cousins).
Instruct helper to stand at rear of Bike facing forward and rest arms on rear carrier (where the Top Case fits)
At a pre-agreed signal helper is the apply weight to rear carrier at which point the Bike will tilt rearwards raising the Front Wheel clear of the earth.
The previous action will allow the "Stand" to be slipped under the front of the Engine Sump at the cast maching / assembly lug position.
Proceed with any cleaning / maintenance tasks.
Removal of the Stand is a reversal of the above instructions.

Ooops, sorry folks I forgot that original post was for the RTWC and all of the above applies to the Twincam and preceeding Boxer Engines so some modifications will be necessary, but the same engineering principals and Laws pf Physics will apply.
Thanks.
Last edited by Our Gee on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Me thinks patent should be applied for.
Our Gee
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Only one comment, sometimes it's just not worth the effort, but thanks anyway RTman 10.