Bluetooth with Zumo and Autocom

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
steve.sharkey

Re: Bluetooth with Zumo and Autocom

Post by steve.sharkey »

I've got the sound kit on my bike (came with it I never would have paid for it). I only use it when pushing the bike into the garage! I can't believe the price of this new! I would have expected either digital radio and an open BT comms setup for that money (or the BMW headsets thrown in!). I'm considering one of 3 BT systems prior to the next European tour but have now resolved to not have it integrate with the bike audio, as long as I can have sat nav, rider to pillion/other rider then I guess I'll be happy - who needs music when the engine sounds this good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just a couple of points to consider before going down the BT route.  It will cost you less for a wired system, both of you will get GPS prompts and you wont be wasting a £1000+ audio system. Oops that's three things.  . What you would loose however is the fun of remembering to charge everything up every day and having only helmet with it fitted. 
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I'm suspect I'm quite unusual and particularly well placed to comment on the BT v Autocom debate - I have both set-up on the same bike...

I have a 2014 RT with BMW audio and Nav5.  I have a System6 EVO helmet with the BMW BT unit fitted.  I also have a Schuberth C3 with the Autocom headset and an Autocom Logic unit hard-wired to the bike.  Oh - and I previously tried to use the Schuberth SRC BT system too.

My conclusions...

The Schuberth BT system (faultless on every other bike set-up I've tried) was utterly useless on the RT.

I really like the System6 EVO helmet - I find it more comfortable than the C3. 

The BMW BT integrates simply, easily and effectively with the RT set-up.  It's idiot-proof (and I should know!).  To be fair, I only ever ride one-up and some of the drawbacks the experts will point out are to do with two-up limitations. 

The BMW BT system also has a better battery life than any other I've ever used - it copes with a week's commute without being recharged (and I ride over an hour each way).

The Autocom takes a bit of fiddling to get all the volume levels from the different input components right but once done, it's still probably the best solution.  The sound quality is definitely better, there's nothing to charge (ever).  The only thing I do prefer about the BMW BT unit is that the microphone is much less sensitive to wind noise than the Autocom one when I ride with the flip-front up.

Of course, other opinions are available!

;)
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

What wired system costs less than a BT system (say twin pack sena smh-10-11 at £289)?
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

The basic Autocom Logic L2

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/63919

However to use Nav V you have to add the Bluetooth Module for £79 which pushes up the price.

I don't have this system yet, but others on the forum say it works well.
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Ahead of a July trip to Spa (I work with Rosso Verde Ferrari  458 team in the British GTs) I'm trying to decide between F5mc and Sena 20s for com's, price is in favour of the F5 but having an opening front helmet I like the idea of the boom mike with the 20s and there doesn't appear to be a definitive verdict on the web... Anyone have either of these?

Sent from my M470BSE using Tapatalk