Roll on Thursday

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Roll on Thursday

Post by beemerbaz »

Good weather or bad the bike will be rolling out of the garage for the first time in 4 months. After the pre flight checks I will be heading to the Isle of Wight for 4-5 days, to say I am like a kid in a sweet shop is an understatement. I don't mind if it's mostly dual carriageway or motorways to get to the ferry but I will be smiling again for the first time in months.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
Levisp

Re: Roll on Thursday

Post by Levisp »

4 months thats a long time not riding, not surprised your like a kid in a sweet shop. Hope the weather is kind to you. Just watch out for speed cameras on IOW. Last time I was there saw quite a few.
beemerbaz

Post by beemerbaz »

The roads on the Island are not safe for speeding, no idea why they even need cameras.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

beemerbaz wrote: Good weather or bad the bike will be rolling out of the garage for the first time in 4 months.
Well it really `warmed up'  to 7c  down here in sunny Kent today,  so  the Bike came out for a couple of hours to blow away  the cobwebs,  great to hear that engine's distinct  `roar'  again after a couple of weeks stuck in the frozen up garage,  weather should start getting better for all  soon ( I hope )..... ;) :be happy:

Beemerbaz enjoy your Isle of Wight  -roads there not that bad this time of year.    8)
Last edited by stelyn on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
beemerbaz

Post by beemerbaz »

Just touching 4 degrees here so finish my packing, roll out the bike, check to see if bulb has repaired itself (or ballast)! then enjoy 3 hrs of motorway riding to Southampton to catch my ferry, should be settled in at mums for afternoon tea [emoji106]
Mick c

Post by Mick c »

Go On...someone from Australia chime in with the fact that it is 30 here at the moment...oh damn...that would be me... :))
Sorry guys.... :alas:

Mick and Trace
Mick C