Pairing

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest2360

Re: Pairing

Post by guest2360 »

I know somebody with a GSA who just put his unit in his tank bag and powered it from the front socket.  For some reason, and it might be unrelated it was necessary for him to pair the GPS up every time.  Problem went away when it was wired up. 
I had one of the internal BT units in a Logic back in 2009.  The Logic I'm sure was a little larger than my 2014 model.  It also refused to transmit music from a Nav IV. I think the BTMO2 unit is more advanced.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Is this thread any help, http://www.1200rt.com/index.php/topic,1020.0.html, (AUTOCOM ON 2014 RT).
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Whats the difference between these 2 BT modules apart from price.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 18.05.47.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 18.04.27.png
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not sure.  As I said my internal one didn't work particularly well  but this one might be a later model.  Its part number suggest  that.  The external one was originally a Starcom item that got rebadged.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

I have sent an email to Autocom to ask them what the difference is. The only problem I have with a fully wired system is I have 2 bikes and certainly cannot avoid 2 installations. If the internal BT module does the same as external then maybe a portable system is the way to go, and power the system from the bikes aux socket. However if the external module is the better option then wired system it has to be.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Wiring will be much easier if you can use the internal one.  From memory you get a different top for the unit and it ends up a bit bigger/fatter.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Autocom - Internal Bluetooth Modules, http://autocom.co.uk/PDF/BluetoothModules.pdf

Having fitted an Autocom plus BTM-02A to an RT for use with a Garmin Zumo 220 (connected via BT), it's fairly straight forward.

Autocom Logic, http://autocom.co.uk/pdfdocs/Logic%20Manual.pdf

BTM-02A, http://autocom.co.uk/pdfdocs/BTM02AManual.pdf

Fitted a second system to my other bike, an XJ650.

To power the Autocom & BTM-02A, you need a +ve switched live (took mine from the supply to the rear aux. socket) & a -ve from the battery.

Last edited by David. on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Thanks David have read all those already still bloody confusing. I'm sure in practise its all very straight forward.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Fit an Autocom Logic plus a BTM-02A, pair up the BTM-02A with a Nav V & off you go.

As fitted on RTman10's bike.

The +ve switched live can be taken from the rear Aux. Socket (Red & Green wire), as on 7vwh's bike.

Last edited by David. on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Levisp wrote: I have sent an email to Autocom to ask them what the difference is. The only problem I have with a fully wired system is I have 2 bikes and certainly cannot avoid 2 installations. If the internal BT module does the same as external then maybe a portable system is the way to go, and power the system from the bikes aux socket. However if the external module is the better option then wired system it has to be.

I phoned Autocom today and the answer is that they are the same and have the same functionality. The BT brochure 2009 is out of date, the internal module has been updated, however it shows the basic principle.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: ... I think Autocom make a BT board that fits into the Logic unit making a integrated BT system, so enabling the Nav V BT functions. Will have to do more research.

They do - it's only a BT receiver, not a transmitter though.  You can get a transmitter but it's external.