Auto lock cases?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
steve.sharkey

Auto lock cases?

Post by steve.sharkey »

I've got the alarm to auto arm so long after switching off, is there a way to auto lock the cases? I have the central locking option but am keen not to walk away from the bike with the cases unlocked.
I know there would be occasions when this would annoy me but it would be for the greater good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guest2360

Re: Auto lock cases?

Post by guest2360 »

Afraid not.  You can only lock them with the  fod.. The trick is to always leave them locked and only unlock when you need to open them and them immediately lock them when you close them, if you see what I mean.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

That's what I've taken to doing but it would have been nice to have them lock with the alarm.

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

steve.sharkey wrote: That's what I've taken to doing but it would have been nice to have them lock with the alarm.

I agree - but that would have taken forethought on the part of the BMW designers!  It's just another on a growing list of minor irritations that (IMHO) let a fantastic bike down...
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

I wouldn't go that far... Just proves that there's still some (all be it) small areas for improvement. To be honest, the fact that this is all I can come up with is testament to how good it is.

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

steve.sharkey wrote: I wouldn't go that far... Just proves that there's still some (all be it) small areas for improvement. To be honest, the fact that this is all I can come up with is testament to how good it is.

Wait until you've done a few more miles - your list will grow...

;-)