Continental Road Attack tyres on 2014 RT LC

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
realshelby

Re: Continental Road Attack tyres on 2014 RT LC

Post by realshelby »

My '14 RT came with the Continental Road Attack II GT's. Suffered them until 6,400 miles. Didn't realize how poor they were till they were replaced. Tire pressures 36 front 42 rear per BMW spec. Bike always felt nervous. Cruising down straight roads it just seemed to wander. Twitchy when leaned aggressively. Never had them slide, even at "no chicken strip" angles. Wet traction was never an issue. Rear tire might actually be a long wearing tire, probably 7-8,000 miles for me ( that is good ). Front tire was worn out at 6400 miles. Bad feathering, tread blocks worn to base on some edges. Never had a more poor wearing front tire and I wonder if it was the reason the bike was always nervous? Running T-30 Bridgestone, just about to install new T-30 EVO's and couldn't be happier with them. Really made the bike better in EVERY category, except maybe wet as neither was an issue for me.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.