MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 GT

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 GT

Post by Steve F »

No, the PR4 is a perfectly good tyre (except this seemingly duff one in the photo above!). I had them on my previous bike, a K13GT and now on my second set on the 2015 RT (GT tyre variant as recommended), and absolutely fine on all roads, wet and dry conditions, and certainly accrued more than 5k miles on a front!! I'd ask the dealer to re-examine the tyre, but more importantly, get them to confirm that your front suspension is all satis, plus the wheel bearings. Don't be fobbed off by the dealer. If needs be, go to another dealer elsewhere for a second opinion. If you say that your bike handles okay, then it's looking increasingly like a duff tyre. Good lu[size=78%]ck! [/size]
circlehappenork

Post by circlehappenork »

Steve F wrote: I'd ask the dealer to re-examine the tyre, but more importantly, get them to confirm that your front suspension is all satis, plus the wheel bearings. Don't be fobbed off by the dealer. If needs be, go to another dealer elsewhere for a second opinion. If you say that your bike handles okay, then it's looking increasingly like a duff tyre. Good lu[size=78%]ck! [/size]
I've booked the bike for first weekend in March to sort out some other issues. I'll mention that again, maybe someone else will have different opinion.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I had to replace my 4GT at 6k, nothing wrong with the wear pattern, just down to the minimum tread. But happy with how they perform. The front is prone to cupping, that is why some run them at slightly higher pressures, which I am doing now, so will know if that helps the cupping. Rear got replaced after a double puncture