MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 GT

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
Chad

Re: MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 GT

Post by Chad »

Once again in I got caught in a storm on the autobahn. The traffic just stopped it was that bad. By the time I needled my way over to the hard shoulder, which was also full of stationary traffic, we were both soaked through to the bone, before we got chance to put the waterproofs on. The good news is that the PR4 pilots once again performed impeccably in the wet. I noticed no difference in feel or handling at all two up on the Tarmac, white lines or whatever. And two sudden stops. At high speeds in the dry (135-140mph) the bike felt totally planted. I couldn't praise these tyres more.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Had I first read that: and two sudden stops at 135 - 140mph bloody hell I would have been crapping bricks. Then re-read with using the punctuation between 'stops and at'. I'm okay know just had an afternoon glass of wine.  :))
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

140 mph and 2 up.  Must be a Grey one or downhill with a wind behind you if not..
Budman

Post by Budman »

Im going to assume that he meant 140 KPH. I dont think it will do 140 mph two up.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Budman wrote: Im going to assume that he meant 140 KPH. I dont think it will do 140 mph two up.

Hey! This is Chad we are talking about "Demon of Yorkshire" on an autobahn, why not long, straight and endless. Not forgetting other vehicles passing him  :)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Budman wrote: Im going to assume that he meant 140 KPH. I dont think it will do 140 mph two up.

It will if it's a grey one...

:alas: :alas: :alas:
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey Richard your mate must be rubbing off on you all he needs now is to dye his hair red  :)) :)) :))
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Spencert231 wrote: Hey Richard your mate must be rubbing off on you all he needs now is to dye his hair red  :) ) :) ) :) )

;) ;)
Chad

Post by Chad »

I joke not, 135mph several times on the speedo. 140mph at best- didn't check the nav for obvious reasons, but 2 up and full luggage (no tank bag, no rack on top box, just panniers & BMW 49ltr box, screen 2/3rds way up. I'm 13 & half stone, wife just under 9). The nav at other speeds was all but spot on with the speedo so I don't believe it would be too far away. Bike was totally stable. My previous 2010 twin cam would touch 130mph two up with luggage also. (Speedo not confirmed nav) so I'm not at all surprised with the performance of the LC. I'll not mention my 55plate single cam, bless it. It was a bit like being tied to your grandad in a 3 legged race
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Your NAV records and saves you max speed. Post a pic of that and quieten the doubters
Chad

Post by Chad »

I use my IPhone 6 with satnav app. I used the copilot app in the way there & bought the Tom Tom satnav app before I returned (the copilot failed to recognise a few junctions so I decided to try Tom Tom). I can't see any record of the journeys on these apps. I would have liked that:-(
There will always be 'couch' doubters RTman, but there will be others on the forum that will try the bikes out when safe legal to do so and also find the bikes perform better than expected. Let's not forget, these are 1200cc machines with a tidy amount BHP. I'm very happy with the overall performance, and pleased with the  averaged 52mpg too.
sgtgarnier

Post by sgtgarnier »

I have Metzlers on my new 2015 RT and I hate them. The bike feel squirrely on the road. I've always run  Michelin tires on my bikes. My last bike was a 2006 R 1200 RT and it handled beautifully. These Metzler's just don't cut the grade for me.

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Had my PR4 GTs fitted at the weekend.  Did a quick 100 miles to work this morning.  Just as I remembered from my Multistrada - they stick like magic.

I had PR3s, then PR4s on the MTS, following three consecutive sets of Pirelli Scorpion Trails (on the MTS and its predecessor, a Stelvio).  To be honest, I felt the PR3s were incredible but was a little less happy with the PR4s.  They seemed harder and less grippy to me - or maybe I just pumped them up too hard!

Anyway, the Z8s on the RT from new struck me as ok but nothing special and noticed a tendency to tramline on concrete roads, so I decided to go back to Pilot Roads.

Now I know why...

^-^ ^-^ ^-^
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

2014 RT two up will do 140mph no problems at all. I don't think the colour matters lol, but mines a Callisto grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
rglassma

Post by rglassma »

I have about 6500 miles on a set of PR4s .  They are great on my 05 RT.  I have been a little heavier on the throttle than the tires before.  I figure if I was gentle, I could get as much as 10k out of them.  But, I am never really gentle.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk