North East newbie

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
RTs4me
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

North East newbie

Post by RTs4me »

Hi guys 'n' gals,

I'm new here, as I've just found this forum. Looks good!  :)

I'm a long-time BMW and RT rider, having had a K75S, followed by R1100RS, then a single-spark R1150RT, then a twin-spark R1150RT, then a 2006 R1200RT (didn't like the brakes!), followed by a non-servo R1200RT, then a 2012 twin-cam RT which I had remapped and now I'm riding a blue/grey RT WC, since November last year. Hence the username - RTs4me!

I live in Hartlepool, North East England. I do loads of miles abroad, touring in Europe. We have a Germany/Austria trip planned for this coming autumn.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: North East newbie

Post by David. »

Welcome from another North East RT Owner, I'm in Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-On-Tees.

Interesting that you had a 2012 Twin Cam remapped, was there a particular reason why.
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

Hi RTs4me and welcome from another newbie, I'm in Blyth, a bit further north.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Mm! My wife' dad was from Hartlepool! Does that count? Welcome, that's a great user name.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Odd your bike list.  Mine goes R65, 2 x 1100Rt, 1150 RT Single Spark, 1150Rt Twin Spark, 2005 1200RT(lethal brakes) 2007 1200RT, 2009 1200RT, a couple of 1600s, too bloody heavy and now a WC best of the bunch by far. 
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi RTs4me,  welcome to the fold enjoy the Forum and your latest `RT', -  noted  that this one,  is of the more  elite  part `faster blue'  edition....... :whistle:
Last edited by stelyn on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
RTs4me
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

Thanks for all of the welcomes. Good to see an RT-specific forum.

@DaygloDavid - I have another RT-riding pal who also lives in Ingleby Barwick. Regarding the re-map, I always felt that the hexhead and twin-cam RTs were a bit 'stumbly' on small throttle openings. I had good results on both versions with an 'accelerator module' and after reading good things about a full re-map on the UKGSer forum, I decided to try it. What a difference! - it made the bike much nicer to ride and very responsive with no hesitation on acceleration.

@Spencert231 - Amazing! It's a small world, innit. What part of Hartlepool was your FIL from?

@RTman10 - We have almost parallel bike history. I really fancied a K1600, but just couldn't get on with the weight either. The RTLC is great - nimble and quick.

@Glencoe - Northumberland is a wonderful place, so much fab riding. You're very lucky to be located right in it.

@Stelyn - Ah, yes, the blue ones are always the fastest!  ;)  My last 3 RTs have been blue - Biarritz, Midnight and now the two-tone San Marino/Granite combo. I'm 'bluRT' on the BMRider forum.

David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

RTs4me wrote:I have another RT-riding pal who also lives in Ingleby Barwick.
The only other RT I've seen regularly in Ingleby Barwick is owned by a guy called Mike.
RTs4me
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

Yep, that's him! ;D
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

RTs4me wrote:Regarding the re-map, I always felt that the hexhead and twin-cam RTs were a bit 'stumbly' on small throttle openings. I had good results on both versions with an 'accelerator module' and after reading good things about a full re-map on the UKGSer forum, I decided to try it. What a difference! - it made the bike much nicer to ride and very responsive with no hesitation on acceleration.
Did you get the Compact or Extended Version of the "Accelerator Module" from, http://www.sol2.be/ & did you just fit it or get a remap done as well, if so where.
Last edited by David. on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTs4me
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

Hi David,

I used the extended version, and located the sensor tip towards the back of the bike, away from engine heat.

I took the accelerator module off before the remap, as I thought that the remap would do a better job and the a/m wouldn't then be needed. I had the remap done at Hilltop motorcycles in Leicester. If you're thinking about having it done, have a look on the GSer forum, there's loads of info on there.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Chad

Post by Chad »

I travel to Hartlepool very frequently for meetings- on a metallic red 55 plate RT and on a 10 plate thunder grey RT.
Dayglo, I used the above bikes for work and rode from the rings to the A66 & back everyday for 5 years before I moved to Great Ayton. There's a great little coffee shop near me at Fletchers Farm incidently.
RTs4me
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

Amazing! I didn't know that there were so many of us around!

I'm often travelling south from Hartlepool for work, I'll watch out for you!

Fletchers Farm looks good - I'm not familiar with that one. Must give it a try. I don't understand 'the rings' ? ???
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

We are on Lowfields which is the other side of Ingleby Barwick to The Rings.

Never been to Fletchers Farm Coffee Shop, http://www.fletchers-farm.co.uk/index.php?id=1, must give it a go sometime.