Navigator V almost full

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Navigator V almost full

Post by Glencoe »

Help please, my nav V is 98% full, am I still able to delete parts of Europe I don't need at the moment, I'm thinking of removing eastern Europe. I have installed a 4GB micro sim card for my music. I recall being able to delete parts of the map on my previous nav iv but cannot see how to do this on the nav v. Afraid to press the wrong command!! Advice please.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Navigator V almost full

Post by richardbd »

Glencoe wrote: Help please, my nav V is 98% full, am I still able to delete parts of Europe I don't need at the moment, I'm thinking of removing eastern Europe. I have installed a 4GB micro sim card for my music. I recall being able to delete parts of the map on my previous nav iv but cannot see how to do this on the nav v. Afraid to press the wrong command!! Advice please.

Not much help I know - but I also have a Nav5 that I find endlessly frustrating.  Wish I'd bought a basic bike with no Satnav prep and no audio.  I was much happier with my Zumo 550 and autocom.  As afr as I can figure out, after 3,000 miles of usage, there is precisely nothing that the Nav5 does better than the 550 and a whole bunch of things it does less well.

Guess that's progress for you...

:not: :not: :not:
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

For my 660, I followed the advice from  Garmin customer Services and deleted all the non English files on the device, in particular the `Help' files and `Voices' this freed up enough space for the last `update' .  I did a backup first though, just in case,  but have had no problems thus far.  Also now bought a 16 gb SD micro card which I will use next time.    It was suggested having a couple of cards to `alternate' for updates in the event you need to reload a previous version for some reason and that a 8gb would be more than sufficient ( and minimum recommended ),  but a 16 would obviously be better,  as gradually these updates seem to be taking up  more space each time there is a `new release' .  Just delete  files via you Computer    ;)
Last edited by stelyn on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You might find difficulty trying to delete some of Europe as its not un segments any more. Just put a bigger Micro SD in. I have owned the V  for over a year now and find it far superior that the Nav IV/660.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Glencoe, try this Link for a card I'm currently using a `ScanDisk' but these are supposed to be quicker.    ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-EVO-M ... 5d51909446
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

Many thanks for your help, I'm otherwise rather pleased with the current V, I've not had many other hiccups with it, it generally works as requested and does seem to be much superior as you say RTman10. Thanks stelyn, I shall try your suggestion. Take care all.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Found this on UKGSer, "Internal storage is almost full. You may want to purchase a memory card for this device to ensure sufficient space for future updates."

No such problems with my Garmin Zumo 660, Internal Storage is 54% Full, 1.7GB Free.

Full Coverage of Europe 2015.40, plus 3D Maps are installed.

I have a 4GB SanDisk SD Card too.
Last edited by David. on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

I have a 32 Gb San Disk 32gb Ultra card in my Nav5 with 2.16gb of music on the card. No errors have shown upto now! In Garmin Express I do have a warning about 'using' a memory card  to ensure sufficient space for a future updates, with only 333mb free of 7.03gb.
Ninj

Post by Ninj »

I've installed an SD card into mu Nav V the unit is still reading the the memory is almost full, do I need to do anything or dose it atomaticly go over onto the SD card once the hard drive is full?
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

When you next do an update it will `see' the SD Card and you can select this  for the update.
Ninj

Post by Ninj »

Ok Thanks Stelyn