Clothing preferences

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Chad

Clothing preferences

Post by Chad »

Just curious about what what clothing you all wear; This is what I tend to wear...
In the winter:
Heavy gauge Kevlar liners (long johns) & Kevlar cargo pants or Kevlar jeans.
A single base layer (long sleeved)
Dianese quilted leather jacket (have the matching leather trousers but never wear them now)

In the summer:
Kevlar lined cargo pants or Kevlar lined jeans.
Single base layer
Mesh /leather jacket. (Removable liner)

Always worn:
Motorrad back protector vest
Motorrad GS gloves
Motorrad neck scarf
Gearne leather boots (occasionally- gortex lined Alpine Stars)
Motorrad rain suit in panniers & alpine stars water proof gloves)
Interphone intercom (wireless)

Clearly I go for conform now as well as safety & this combination works well for me & my needs. What do you wear??
guest2360

Re: Clothing preferences

Post by guest2360 »

I always stick with BMW kit.  Reason, never seems to wear out and if you get a problem there is a 2 year warranty to fall back on.
All year round its
Airshell jacket
Street guard trousers
Allround biots
Summer Rain gloves

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

In UK summer, I wear Rukka Merlin leathers - the best kit I have ever owned.  Nothing else has ever come anywhere close.

In the UK winter, I wear Dainese Tundra jacket and Street Tracker trousers - laminated goretex, so no wetting out.

In UK spring, I wear the Tundra jacket and Dainese Pony leather trousers.

In continental summer weather, I have a Dainese Spedio mesh jacket and Dainese Drake vented trousers.

For off-road stuff, I have a Klim Traverse suit.

I also have a very big cupboard...
elephant8869

Post by elephant8869 »

I have the Rukka Armas and it's very comfortable and has never leaked but it's too warm in temperatures above about 28deg C. For hot summer weather I use a Rukka Airway jacket and it's very good at keep me cool but it's a light jacket and not convinced about the level of protection. I would love to try the Rukka Merlin leathers - let me know more about the merlin said if you have time?
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

elephant8869 wrote: I have the Rukka Armas and it's very comfortable and has never leaked but it's too warm in temperatures above about 28deg C. For hot summer weather I use a Rukka Airway jacket and it's very good at keep me cool but it's a light jacket and not convinced about the level of protection. I would love to try the Rukka Merlin leathers - let me know more about the merlin said if you have time?

The Merlin kit is AMAZING.  It's feels absolutely bullet-proof and is very reassuring to wear.  It is totally waterproof; I rode from Cologne back to London in the poring rain a couple of years ago and with the storm-collar in place, I was bone-dry when I got home.  It's also remarkably good in hot weather.  The jacket and the trousers have perforated panels (though of course, there's the goretex behind them and the whole suit is treated with TFL Cool Leather, which reflects heat in the summer.  I rode California's Highway 1 in July and was cooler than most of the rest of the group.

In truth, it's not the best for extended hot weather or the real depths of winter but for probably 80% of the time in the UK, it's perfect.

The only downside that I can think of (apart from the obvious one of price) is that the jacket is heavy.

I have never regretted buying it.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

+1 Rukka Armas for most of my riding. In Summer if it gets hot Rukka Airrider jacket and Hood Kevlar jeans. I know Rukka is expensive but mine is about 5 years old done about 60K miles and looks like new. Very good five year warranty. My original Rukka Armas suit was replaced under warranty due to discolouration caused by a faulty batch of goretex. It was replaced by the newer version which was also more expensive. Received the new suit within a week with nothing to pay.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Klim Badlands when really cold and wet
Rukka Armas when starting to warm up and I have a Frank Thomas which is great in the hot weather it getting tatty now but really reluctant to part with it. I have a Triumph jacket and coupl of leather trousers, oh nearly forgot I also have a Frank Thomas leather suit. I also have big cupboard. Held gloves when cold and wet and Triumph mesh when warm.
Wierpig
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by Wierpig »

Just sold my armas because it was getting a bit tight.Must have shrunk in the rain [emoji1].Anyway, I've replaced it with the bmw street guard suit.More than happy with it.More comfortable than the rukka,warmer and more venting so should be cooler in summer.100% waterproof.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I have come to the conclusion that I have an addiction to motorcycles and motorcyle clothing. I have just gone through RT or RT and I want some of those bikes. Just read Preferred clothing and I want a Rukka Merlin and an Evo 6. What's wrong with me?
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

Alpinestars Andes textile suit all year round.  I vary the liners and technical base & thermal layers as the temperature varies.  Was fine last summer and through the Scottish winter (coldest ride was -5 Cel).  The biggest problem I am having at the moment, is my head being to hot...  My HJC R PHA-ST is just so well sealed even with the visor up in town it gets very stuffy in there when you stop at lights, junctions etc.

As I will be commuting more this summer I may look at getting a modular helmet and a pair of Kevlar jeans to try and keep cool in town.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

As I will be commuting more this summer I may look at getting a modular helmet and a pair of Kevlar jeans to try and keep cool in town.

Sofnolime have a look at Shark Evoline as its more convenient than Schuberth and won't rip you head off if you forget the chin bar is up >:(
Chad

Post by Chad »

Spencert231 wrote: I have come to the conclusion that I have an addiction to motorcycles and motorcyle clothing. I have just gone through RT or RT and I want some of those bikes. Just read Preferred clothing and I want a Rukka Merlin and an Evo 6. What's wrong with me?
You've reached 40???
Chad

Post by Chad »

I think I'm going to have to get rid of my dianese leathers this spring. Clearly the coffees & breakfast buns in the bikers cafes are causing them to lose their shape:-/ If I get time this week I'll pop down to Alan Jeffries & try a few sexy little numbers on... And see what discounts are available. Maybe we should put a bulk order in and get a proper discount! "So what will you on 25 evo 6's with bluetoothe, 18 suits and a dozen nuvi v's?". Probably a free air freshener & a pair of ear plugs knowing my luck!
:alas:
Last edited by Chad on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: I think I'm going to have to get rid of my dianese leathers this spring. Clearly the coffees & breakfast buns in the bikers cafes are causing them to lose their shape:-/ If I get time this week I'll pop down to Alan Jeffries & try a few sexy little numbers on... And see what discounts are available. Maybe we should put a bulk order in and get a proper discount! "So what will you on 25 evo 6's with bluetoothe, 18 suits and a dozen nuvi v's?". Probably a free air freshener & a pair of ear plugs knowing my luck!
:alas:

Sounds like a plan...

^-^
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Chad, I have passed 40 by +24 on the 10th April yeah you guessed it my birthday was on Friday and you didn't send me a card.