BMW Discount on Parts & Accessories

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

BMW Discount on Parts & Accessories

Post by David. »

If you use a BMW Dealer for Parts & Accessories, do you get or ask for any discount.

I've started to ask for a discount, (if you don't ask, you don't get), typically getting 10% off before VAT at 20% is added.

Have had this offered at 3 local Dealers.

What are your experiences, do you get any discount, with or without asking.

(I know a guy who works for Triumph & the discounts offered to him & his family on new bikes is fantastic.)
Last edited by David. on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Re: BMW Discount on Parts & Accessories

Post by beemerbaz »

I have an excellent relationship with my dealer often getting good deals whether on parts or clothing. Luckily most of my riding friends ride BMW and we all use the same dealer. It's all about the timing too, during the quieter winter periods it's easier to get the reductions. I just had a good deal part ex ing for a K1600 and if it wasn't for the good relationship I have with the dealer I believe they wouldn't have been as generous.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
Chad

Post by Chad »

I've not been as lucky with discounts Dave. I asked williams BMW what they could do on a nuvi V and a system 6 helmet when I bought my bike from them & was told they 'couldn't' do anything with the price- which is disappointing when I was spending 13 grant on a bike. Unless things have changed over the last 2 years,  Coopers Sunderland haven't been generous with discounts either. That said, both dealers have sold me bikes for considerably less that the screen price.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I've had 10% discount on parts e.g. oil & air filters from Cooper Sunderland, Barrie Robson York & Allan Jeffries Shipley.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Many dealers buy clothing including helmets in bulk which are delivered from about Fed up to July.  During that time they usually all have a good stock with a good size range.  Most will give you a decent discount on these items.  Wait until the winter in the hope of getting even more off and you will find they will have to buy your size in and then any discount will be minimal. 
CMB123

Post by CMB123 »

On this side of the pond all BMW dealers have a rule that if you buy the bike from them, then you automatically get 20% off. If you don't buy the bike from them, you need to ask and usually its between 10% and 20% off. This covers parts and accessories, which I think are well marked up before hand.
marc.
Chad

Re: BMW Discounts

Post by Chad »

I called into Alan Jefrries today. Decided on an evo 6, a pair of boots, a nuvi v sat-nav and a jacket. I asked what discount they could give me me; their reply...
"We can't discount anything because the Jacket is already reduced"
[size=78%]
[/size]
Me: well ok- what if I leave the jacket & just have the helmet, boots & satnav?
Their reply: "we can't give a discount because we would be losing money".
Me: but I'll buy now if you can do anything.
Their reply: sorry.
[size=78%]I phoned Williams Manchester (where I bought my bike)- offered 15% off everything instantly. [/size]
[size=78%]Really is worth shopping around. £231 discount in total. [/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Chad I'd mention  to  the  `Alan Jefferies Dealership '  the good news and make a point that you've  `posted'  a better deal location on the Forum  for `everyone'  to note  -  that should bring on the pains deservedly  to their Management....... >:(
Last edited by stelyn on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Bought my bike fro Willians Manchester had a fair deal. When I went back to buy other bits got discount because I had previously purchased I think I got a really good deal on my Nav V
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Bought a Pair of BMW Pro Touring 2 Boots with Gore-Tex, R.R.P. £250, paid £162, now that's what I call a discount (35.2%).

Also got some parts, 10% discount on all items.
Last edited by David. on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crater

Post by Crater »

I called in at Balderstons in Peterborough yesterday and saw they were doing a Navigator V with cradle for £505 in their Summer Sale. Bought one. Nice shop. Friendly people. Their parts man (very knowledgeable and enthusiastic) also showed me the very new Sena 10c, their Bluetooth intercom with HD camera.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

David. wrote:I've had 10% discount on parts e.g. oil & air filters from Cooper Sunderland, Barrie Robson York & Allan Jeffries Shipley.
Are discounts of greater than 10% on parts available to past or present BMW employees.
Last edited by David. on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.