stelyn

Re: What if you didn't have an RT!

Post by stelyn »

Hi Chad , the image files posted appear to be ` empty' ? ........ :whistle:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Chad

Post by Chad »

Thanks Stelyn, for some reason I've having problems uploading 'some' photos off my iPad. It's bizarre because all of them have been taken with the same ipad, and are in the same album, yet some upload & some don't?!
I'll try again..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Here you go Chad,  saves  standing on your head to view pics.... ;)[attachimg=1]

Attachments
chad1.png
Last edited by stelyn on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Haha cheers Stelyn. I don't know what's going with these photos! It wasn't upside down when I uploaded it. Yet when the attachment is selected, the photo opens the right way again!! I' sooo pleased I don't work in I.T.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Chad,  just a suggestion,  you need to either  turn the iPad upside down or stand on your head when you take the pictures.....  :alas:    ;)
Regards,
Steve,      ( at least you post some and- your Bike looks real cool . )
Last edited by stelyn on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi again Chad, your problem may in fact be an issue with the  IOS 5 software on your iPad,  view this Link , seems to be a common fault and details a fix.
Regards,
Steve.    ;)

http://iphonephotographyschool.com/ipho ... side-down/

Last edited by stelyn on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

I've never ridden a twin can only the 2014 LC, but I do think the TC looks more refined, the LC looks a little too bling for my liking. As friends point out it looks like a transformer with odd bits of plastic stuck on rather than a "one piece" fairing. However, it rides fantastically, the "office" (dash) is a work of art, and I knew the wife expected me to keep whatever I got for some time and there wasn't a lot in it price wise when it came down to condition mileage. I'm happy with my choice, I looked at alternatives but they all felt so damn heavy! Mind you the loan GS feels very light compared with my RT, just doesn't tick my boxes ( I'm 8mpg down on the GS too ATM, mind you the gear change is super smooth - hoping, in vain perhaps, that the software updates might smooth out 2nd to 3rd for my bike.
Chad

Post by Chad »

stelyn wrote: Hi again Chad, your problem may in fact be an issue with the  IOS 5 software on your iPad,  view this Link , seems to be a common fault and details a fix.
Regards,
Steve.    ;)

http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/

Well spotted! When I checked my iPad there was an update available. I'm now updated my world shouldn't be upside down anymore...
Chad

Post by Chad »

steve.sharkey wrote: I've never ridden a twin can only the 2014 LC, but I do think the TC looks more refined, the LC looks a little too bling for my liking. As friends point out it looks like a transformer with odd bits of plastic stuck on rather than a "one piece" fairing. However, it rides fantastically, the "office" (dash) is a work of art

Haha transformer?! Like it. I know where your coming from with the styling. Over the past few days whilst sat on the fron terrace I've looked at & studied the style of my LC  at length. These plastic side trims fit where they touch. There's been no real design there at all. It's as if there were different design teams working on different parts of the bike, who either never met or saw each other's designs before the thing was cobbled together. Apparently the new styling offers better weather protection... But I notice that much less than the 'questionable' styling. A friend of mine said the LC reminds him of the sheds that were built on an allotment; whereby the builder's just made them up as they went along using whatever they had to hand! Cheeky Git! (but I think I'm going to refer to the LC as a Transformer from now on haha, that's good)
Attachments
image.jpg
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

DaygloDavid wrote: If you didn't have an RT, what other make/model would you have.

From an appearance point of view, I would certainly look at a Triumph Trophy.

Called in at A1 Moto (Triumph York) yesterday, it confirmed that IMO, the Trophy is not a patch on the RT for looks.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just goes to show if you buy lots of components and try to replicate them it doesn't always work. 
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

DaygloDavid wrote:The disadvantage with the likes of the FJR & Triumph Trophy etc. is that they are generally heavier than an RT.
Now for the "Weigh-in".

BMW RT (Twin Cam) = 263 kg
Honda VFR 1200 = 267 kg
BMW RT (LC) = 274 kg
Yamaha FJR = 296 kg
Triumph Trophy = 301 kg
Kawasaki GTR = 312 kg
Honda Pan Euro = 329 kg

Last edited by David. on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Dry weight of a Twin Cam is 229 kg.  Makes you wonder where the extra 34 kg come from.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

RTman10 wrote:Dry weight of a Twin Cam is 229 kg.  Makes you wonder where the extra 34 kg come from.
Sorry for any confusion, the weights quoted are "Unladen Weights", ready for the road 90% load of fuel.

Using a density of 1kg/litre, that's 24 kg of fuel & 4 kg of oil = 28 kg.

Chad

Post by Chad »

That's interesting- I thought the LC was lighter. It certainly feels lighter. Re the trophy, I wasn't impressed with it either. They've tried too hard to make it look like an RT. But as RTman suggested, it doesn't quite work. The other thing with the triumphs; when you study the attention to detail, you begin to realise.. there isn't any! There are a few design issues that don't quite seem right. For example, the exhaust right under the pillion seat on the sprint (didn't they anticipate the warm ass issue here?) also the heated grips switch on the GS wannabe's- it looks like the switch was made by Pifco & stuck on by an apprentice.