Ordered a new 2015 RT - yesterday

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
STeinar

Ordered a new 2015 RT - yesterday

Post by STeinar »

Some of you will remember that after a test ride last year - i did write that the RT suited me perfect - except for the engine - and that I concluded that this was not a bike for me!

Well - after talking to a few RT riders - i surprised myself yesterday - and ordered a fully specked San marino blue RT - including all possible options and extras.
It will be delivered in a week or so.

But - have anyone of you seen the weather protection kit from http://www.1200rt.com/index.php/topic,1140.0.html  on a San marino blue bike ?
How is the color matching ?
Do this kit deliver in more than one color - or is it only one ?
And finely - dos this fit the 2015 lc model ? 

BTW: I plan to write a story/photos on how to mount a AKE intercom system on/in the bike - more on that later on  ;)
Chad

Re: Ordered a new 2015 RT - yesterday

Post by Chad »

Sounds like a nice present to yourself! I've only ever seen the black weather kit- can't help with that sorry.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I was wondering how long it would take you.  You soon get used to the engine even after a few years in a GTL. The weather kit only comes in a mat type black finish.  The rear infills on yours are black so the main rear parts will match. The two smaller sections by the brake and gear lever will not match but you could always leave them off.  Most of the extra protection comes from the rear sections anyway.   
Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Thank you Chad and RTman10
I will order a set then - and will see how it fits  ^-^

Next project will be to find a holder for my Bike2Bike (442MHz) antenna.
[attach=1]

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.23.18.png
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

STeinar wrote: - and ordered a fully specked San marino blue RT -
Pleased to see our `top of the tree',  `The Global Moderator'  has decided to buy an `RT',    AND in the nice top coat of  `Blue'...    enjoy..... ;)  :whistle:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

stelyn wrote: Pleased to see our `top of the tree',  `The Global Moderator'  has decided to buy an `RT',    AND in the nice top coat of  `Blue'...    enjoy..... ;)  :whistle:
Yeah - but it'll be slow though...

:)) :)) :))
Chad

Post by Chad »

At least it's not brown like my black one...
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: At least it's not brown like my black one...

or black, like some brown ones...

;) ;)
Chad

Post by Chad »

That clown in your profile picture looks seriously freaky Richard... But who's the bloke with the red hair &  yellow suit sitting next to it?
:))
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Chad wrote: That clown in your profile picture looks seriously freaky Richard... But who's the bloke with the red hair &  yellow suit sitting next to it?
:) )

He's my riding instructor...
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Hej Steinar,
I well remember the report from your test ride and after about 130’ pleasant and comfortable km’s on a ST1300 it has been hard to find an equivalent alternative.
Have occasionally tested earlier models of the RT but felt, as you, that the Boxer was not intended for us why we always decided to keep our well used PAN.
Last fall we finally tested the RT LC and found out that, yes the new Boxer is far better than earlier but it can still not be compare with the smooth V4, but also that all other positive impressions that you already have mentioned should well make up for “the missing two cylinders”

Result; New bike in September and so far so good, small winding roads have become even more enjoyable, the engine has enough power but also some character that you need to get used to, like all the updates and extras included in the full spec version and hope also that this full electronic wonder will be as trouble-free traveling companion for as many km’s as the ST.
Hope none of us get tired of our new acquisitions

The best color is the one you like, (since it will newer end well if you attempt to ride with/on the help of the paintwork)
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Thank you SweRT

Well - missing 4 cylinders from current K1600 :-)

Yes - I did love my ST1100's - and hope this RT will bring me back to the small roads again.

Will take delivery within a week now  :kacsint2:

STeinar
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Got a phone call today - picking up the new RT tomorrow morning  ^-^
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

richardbd wrote:
He's my riding instructor...

I am sat in an hotel in Nice when I read the above thread and burst out laughing like a drain or is it a train not that I have ever seen or heard either laughing other hotel guest must have thought me insane made me cry with laughing it was just one of those moments, nice one from Nice lol
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Congratulations Steinar,
Have noticed a rather promising forecast for Oslo coming weekend. (useless info, sure no Steinar online throughout the weekend)
Suppose time booked coming Monday for the running-in check
Have a nice weekend (god tur)