RTLC Remapped

Technical aspects and performance of the BMW R1200RT/1250 RT
jbirdsaway2

Re: RTLC Remapped

Post by jbirdsaway2 »

Pope told you why BMW does this to the fuel mapping in his first message:

"My bike pulls like a train right from tickover to the red-line, brilliant.
The fuelling is now spot-on, as it was running lean before."

Emissions 

It's the Eco-Friendly movement that causes this malarkey.

Cheers
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Did you also de-cat the bike?

Just ordered mine and awaiting a delivery date  :)
Pope

Post by Pope »

Benchmark wrote: Did you also de-cat the bike?

Just ordered mine and awaiting a delivery date  :)

Nope, just standard headers and Akra Can. i have no intention of de-catting.....yet. ;)
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Is there something odd about the Hilltop readings.  High 90s before and 116 after.  Every other test result by various bike mags come up with about 115 straight out of the box..
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: Is there something odd about the Hilltop readings.  High 90s before and 116 after.  Every other test result by various bike mags come up with about 115 straight out of the box..
And the torque line in this run is much smoother than the one above...
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Interesting, these charts do look very similar.

Hilltop after Remap.

Cycle World.
wayneosdias

Post by wayneosdias »

DaygloDavid wrote:
Cycle World.
ImageRe: RTLC RemappedRe: RTLC Remapped
What is meant by "Corrected" Rear Wheel Power? Did they actually dyno it, or is the graph an extrapolation?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Cycle World - Road Test Review, including Dyno Run Video, http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/04/30/bm ... fications/.

I don't know what is meant by "Corrected" Rear Wheel Power, the Dyno Test is done at the Rear Wheel.
Perhaps Cycle World could provide the answer, http://www.cycleworld.com/contact/.

BMW give a Rated output of 125 hp for the LC RT, I would imaging that this is at the Crankshaft (Engine) not the Rear Wheel.
Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycl ... easurement, suggest "a chain drive motorcycle may have some 5-20% less power at the rear wheel than at the crankshaft, while a shaft drive model may lose a little more than that due to greater friction."

The hp figures quoted in the OP, show that the power loss at the rear wheel has been reduced from 21% to 7%, seems reasonable to me.
Last edited by David. on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad

Post by Chad »

I was just reading about this earlier today- BMW advertise the bhp at the crankshaft. Interestingly the XR was mooted to have 165bhp at the crank & when independently tested on a roller, actually produced 151BHP.  10% loss (or near as damn it) seems excessive to me. Someone isn't telling the trust
wayneosdias

Post by wayneosdias »

Sifting through the web, consensus for the wet head WHP (actual rear wheel HP) is ~114 stock. Like all previous BMW boxxers, running lean.

I spoke to Hilltop and two other tuners in the US. To date no tuner has a proper hack around the BMW OBD lock out of the wetheads and thus no flashkit. Im waiting for a workaround for this as I would like to put the bike back to stock if needed. May take a couple years, but that give me time to run out the warrenty anyway.
Chad

Post by Chad »

DaygloDavid wrote: Interesting, these charts do look very similar.

Hilltop after Remap.

Cycle World.
personally, I would much prefer the peak torque to remain where it is. The higher torque at lower revs make riding two up much more effortless than having to rev the butt of the bike. Don't think my wife would be too impressed with the howl of the engine at 8000rpm, (although I'm sure I would when solo
wayneosdias

Post by wayneosdias »

Chad wrote: personally, I would much prefer the peak torque to remain where it is. The higher torque at lower revs make riding two up much more effortless than having to rev the butt of the bike. Don't think my wife would be too impressed with the howl of the engine at 8000rpm, (although I'm sure I would when solo
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

wayneosdias wrote: What is meant by "Corrected" Rear Wheel Power? Did they actually dyno it, or is the graph an extrapolation?
I found this answer http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ghtp-1109-fact-and-fiction-of-dyno-correction-real-wheel-horsepower/
Mark05RT

Post by Mark05RT »

RTman10 wrote: A glut of LCs, that's a new one.  And owners going back to air cooled ones.  I wonder if the dealer who told you that has a shed full of them to shift.

No. Quite the contrary. No, little choice in used air cooled bikes at all!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010
Bikerman1042

Post by Bikerman1042 »

Hi Guys

The downside to this is that you must tell the insurance company as you modified the bike and this puts the premium .  If you don't tell them and you have an accident they well insist on the management system being interrogated to check for any upgrades and if there has been, they will more than likely refuse to meet the claim

Hope this has not dampened your enthusiasm and good luck