Bash Guard

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Spencert231

Re: Bash Guard

Post by Spencert231 »

Looks great and identical apart from colour. Does it have any effect on engine temperature and any small stones getting between plate, exhaust and engine? As I said in a previous reply on this thread I actually avoid some roads due to small stones flicking up, I do like this. My previous bash plate was definitely worth the money
Steveeung

Post by Steveeung »

Sorted. Added these between the guard and all the fixing points. Now growl and vibration free!
Attachments
image.jpg
RT LE, San Marino Blue, Cee Bailey Screen, Nav IV, Hornig horn, Aux Lights, Michelin Pilot Road 4GT, Crud Deflector, Fender Ext
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Steveeung wrote: Sorted. Added these between the guard and all the fixing points. Now growl and vibration free!
Steveeung, well done,  glad you persevered and got it sorted, perhaps you should let the suppliers know  about those washers for future reference, .......... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You have to ask why one piece of alloy should have such an effect on the engine in the first place.  The fibre washers are surely just hiding the effect.
Steveeung

Post by Steveeung »

From my higher tech engineering days I think the connection was resonating and causing sound and vibration. The washers break the resonance circuit so stop it dead.
RT LE, San Marino Blue, Cee Bailey Screen, Nav IV, Hornig horn, Aux Lights, Michelin Pilot Road 4GT, Crud Deflector, Fender Ext
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

That's great news always love it when a problem is solved +3 love it