Locking the Nav5 to the RT...

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Locking the Nav5 to the RT...

Post by Casbar »

Sullivj wrote: My Sena headset was £100.  It plays music from my phone and has a built in radio. 

Simple, but effective.

So does my Scala Packtalk, but the quality and ease of using the audio system is a lot better than using my phone. For one, you can't control the music coming from the phone easily and playing music drains the phone battery quickly. Guess I could plug the phone into the bike to charge. I didn't pay for my audio, it came with the bike. Whether I would pay for the audio on a new bike, I'm not sure, but I do quite like it.
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

richardbd wrote: It's all about saleability when you want to change.
In the second-hand market, an RT without audio is about as desirable as a Jag with velour seats and a manual gear box. Somebody chose it - but WHY??
:alas: :alas:
No it isn't, most R1200RT's we sell don't have audio. Most K1600GTs however do have radio. Not sure why it's just the difference between customers I guess.

£1000 is a lot of money to spend on a radio, yes you get updates but the smartphone app does that and more and costs a lot less than a £1000
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
kioolt
United States of America

Post by kioolt »

Getting back to the OP's original question.  I just found this thread and I don't have time to read 6 pages of posts. Has anybody mentioned "http://www.oldtimers.si/en/navi-central ... -2014.html"?
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.