When's the summer going to arrive?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Chad

When's the summer going to arrive?

Post by Chad »

Can't believe this weather! We're going to chance it & head over to Helmsley- Pickering- Whitby. The farm track is still puddled & muddy so no doubt the bike will be absolutely plastered by the time I get to the main roads:-( If the KTM was so naughty on the tarmac I'd take that out, it looks better when it's dirty!
stelyn

Re: When's the summer going to arrive?

Post by stelyn »

Hi Chad, is it  cold / bad weather  up North then ?,  not to `rub salt in the wound',  just got back from a ride out,  here in `sunny Kent' - 16c  phew getting  warm !!,  just time for a quick shower and a cuppa  before the Grand Prix starts on TV ....... 8) 8) 8) ;)

( predicted 20c down here  tomorrow )
Last edited by stelyn on Sun May 10, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Chad

Post by Chad »

It stayed dry!! Loads of bikes out over Helmsley/Whitby way. 10 GS's out in a group- maybe a local club meet. Might have tmw afternoon off work if the weathers nice & have a run out.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Go for it Chad, catch up with work later....... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Sorry to hear that Chad its 32c here, looking out the window.  Oddly enough we are thinking of swapping the good life for Yorkshire, family in Hunmanby. We shall see?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Wroxham (Norfolk) this morning - saw 22 degrees on the temp gauge... ^-^ ^-^
Chad

Post by Chad »

I'm in Nort Yorkshire Spence. It's a lovely place for bikers- we have arguably some of the best scenary and roads in the this part of the country. Richard- we had high winds and torrential rain around lunchtime. Hence decided not to take the bike out after all! Especially as I spent 2 hours polishing it yesterday. Are weather forecasts EVER right?!
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Chad weather people to me are like Gambling organisations I am sure they probably do the same degree course: probables, possibles, and certainties (odds on favourite) apart from that, anybody's guess. It is surprising that they don't get more accurate though as the have historical weather patterns at hand.
No I am not a gambler and yes I would have made the same decision as you and walk past the bike every so often and admire it.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Well I've had the past 2 weeks off work and it's rained for 12 of the 14 days! Haven't had the bike out once!! This much be the wettest June ever. Seriously thinking of selling my bikes & getting a jet ski- It would be more suited to commuting  to work
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Well weather here in the Charente region of France is glorious, but can't ride yet!

However, I have 6 more days to go to comply with operation regime (Radical Prostatectomy Removal) but today I am wheeling the bike out to give it an unnecessary clean just to tryout my Airforce Master Blaster (air dryer). I know it works well on blowing dry grass off, as I used it on the Tractor and Lawn Tractor when the wife finished cutting the grass. Let's see what it's like blowing water off.

Off Thread: as I said I had the above op and that has stopped me riding since May 6 and not back on until next week. Not wanting to go into the op in any detail, but if there is anyone who has concerns about general health, anti op, post op relating to prostate issues drop me a PM and will keep it private. It is important if you are over 50 to get checked out and stop thinking the body failures are age related, like me there could be an underlying problem. The UK was not going to operate because mine was outside the capsule and rely solely on radiology, which, sometimes don't work and then too late to operate. In France they too the decision to operate because they said 64yrs is too young, make what you will about the different approaches of the two countries.

Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Yesterday my wife and I left Salzburg heading south, 8 deg and rain, by 10.30am we were at the summit of the Solkpass 1 deg and sleet by lunch we were on the Nochalmstrasse 2042 metres,5 deg. Arrived at hotel in Tolmin Slovenia 20 deg. Left this morning 15 deg and overcast crossed into Crotia now at hotel in Plitvika 25 deg and blue skies. What a difference a day and 460 miles makes.
Last edited by Bertie on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Spencert231 wrote: Well weather here in the Charente region of France is glorious

Off Thread: as I said I had the above op and that has stopped me riding since May 6 and not back on until next week. Not wanting to go into the op in any detail, but if there is anyone who has concerns about general health, anti op, post op relating to prostate issues drop me a PM and will keep it private. It is important if you are over 50 to get checked out and stop thinking the body failures are age related, like me there could be an underlying problem. The UK was not going to operate because mine was outside the capsule and rely solely on radiology, which, sometimes don't work and then too late to operate. In France they too the decision to operate because they said 64yrs is too young, make what you will about the different approaches of the two countries.
It's not just the difference in countries Spencer, there are also significant differences in NHS Trusts and GP Surgeries... My wife is a doctor (GP) and recently left her partnership because of the politics. GPs are only allowed 10 minutes per consultation and under pressure to provide the cheapest treatment available, if as you identified, meet certain criteria (age, diagnosis, prognosis etc.). Our fabulous nhs use a system known as Qualy's (Quality of life years) to ration treatment; which basically boils down to which patients will benefit most for the maximum amount of time. Therefore the older you get & the more serious the illness, the less chance of getting treatment. Sad but true I'm afraid.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

After reading Spencer's situation and living in San Diego where the weather is tit's all year (we do need rain though, BIG TIME), it humbles me to see how courageous Spencer is. Hat's off to you buddy and I'm sending healing vibes across the pond. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

That's very considerate of you Slowvet and very welcome indeed. It's a bitch at the moment, picked up another urinary infection that's the second. It's amazing really as I have been super-duper fit all my life never even took an aspirin until I was in my forties. Where's it all gone I have had operations in the past and my recovery was always fast, but this is a bummer. If I'm not up to riding next week I will just have to wash it and get to use my brand new Master Air Blaster, looking forward either way.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

My apologies Spence for completely butchering your name :)  Please keep us posted with updates. Pulling for you mec!