Front Fender Extender

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
markradtke17

Front Fender Extender

Post by markradtke17 »

There is a very nice front fender extension product on the market if you are considering one.
It is made by www.machineartmoto.com and is called the AvantRT-LC. It sells for $79 US dollars and is very easy to install with an innovative attachment and no drilling. I am impressed and wanted to share this information with the rest of the forum.
2015 BMW R 1200 RT
Spencert231

Re: Front Fender Extender

Post by Spencert231 »

Thanks Mark, but it is already widely used by many of us there is also a thread on it somewhere on the site. It's always good to share like you there maybe some newbies on the site who are now aware of its existence.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

See previous thread here.

Avant RT LC Fender Extender
Last edited by Levisp on Thu May 21, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

I have the same one mounted - and looks grate.
Grate product  ^-^
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

STeinar wrote: I have the same one mounted - and looks grate.
Grate product  ^-^

Snap  :clap:

smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

STeinar wrote: I have the same one mounted - and looks grate.
Grate product  ^-^
+1
A well designed piece of kit

Cheers

Miles
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Yes, here's another fan of this well-designed and engineered mudguard extender. Acquired from NN now priced at £49 :o , but yes, it is good.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Got mine in this week, but one of the mounting screws was buggered up, so I couldn't get it mounted. On top of that, the tall VStream that I got is just entirely too tall, so I've got to send it back for the standard. All in all, a useless day.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey Mercator we all get them now and again, tomorrow's another day
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

mercator1 wrote: Got mine in this week, but one of the mounting screws was buggered up, so I couldn't get it mounted. On top of that, the tall VStream that I got is just entirely too tall, so I've got to send it back for the standard. All in all, a useless day.
Re the mounting screws - I initially struggled with one of the screws whereby the self-locking feature was a bit excessive, such that when I screwed it into the gripper block it was very tight to turn and resulted in a bit of mashed up plastic on the extender (where the gripper block fits Ito the moulded recess)! So, I deliberately then ran the screws through the gripper blocks (separately off the bike) to ease them off and make it easier to screw them in when fitting the extender, which did the trick!
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I tried to run the screw in and out without mounting the fender, and the slight bend in the screw just won't allow it.  They are sending new hardware, so surely one of the new screws will work.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Got my extender from Pyramid.  Think it costs a huge £15.00.  Its held in placed by 4 plastic rivets and blends in with the fender like it wasn't there.  And it does the job.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I have the pyramid version.. Nice n cheap
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

Kind of old news but I recently posted a short video of my MachineartMoto Avant fender extender install here:  https://youtu.be/N1pRjc3suII