Tank/Paint protection

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
fmantek

Tank/Paint protection

Post by fmantek »

Question about tank area protection. Never really cared about that with my GS (a GS without dirt is not a real GS), but with the now oh so beautiful San Marino Blue RT, i seem to start caring about looks more than about the inner values. Male symptom i suppose.

Anyhow.

My Enduristan Tank Bag (best made tank bags in the whole wide world, imo) seems to fit the RT fine, but it lies just on the tank area. Is that area prone to scratching? (A tank bag will shift on it, just by mounting/unmounting). Do you put something on the tank, for those of you who use tank bags regular? I am looking at different products, but i think that most of them remind me too much of Rhonda's moms living room in the Mary Tyler Moore show....
Last edited by fmantek on Wed May 27, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Re: Tank/Paint protection

Post by Levisp »

When I got my bike last year one of the options I had fitted was Ventureshield Paint Protection. I had the full kit fitted but I'm sure you can get tank only and pannier only kits. Ventureshield is one of many companies providing clear film protection. The good part of the stuff is its totally removable and will protect paint without causing any damage. It is also virtually invisible.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

+1 for Ventureshield.  I have the full kit on my bike and it has saved the panniers in particular from numerous boot marks. 
Last edited by MEM62 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Definitely get the venture shield done , I to bought my San Marino blue rt this year & the first thing I did was get the shield put on best $495 I will spend
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Maybe my solution to scuffing tank I've tank bands on but noticed scuff marks maybe gripping tank to tightly.