Bluetooth

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
MEM62

Bluetooth

Post by MEM62 »

Guys,

Is anyone successfully using a Bluetooth setup with SatNav and a passenger.  I tried an Interphone set up and could never get it to work properly.  There were issues even with just rider/passenger and once rider/passenger/SatNav were paired it was completely useless. 

I am interested in what kit you guys are using and what you think of it in terms of ease of sue and reliability etc. 
Levisp

Re: Bluetooth

Post by Levisp »

I have just ditched my Interphone F3MC. It worked fine between rider and pillion but was useless with Nav V. The final straw for me was that it refused to work with the Nav V music app. I also got fed up with the intermittent interference and some other issues.  Many on this forum rate Autocom. Have a look at the various threads on this forum. I recently took the plunge and bought an Autocom Logic L2 kit. Yes I know its a wired system but it really isn't an issue and it just works. I have two bikes at the moment and so am using the Logic with rechargeable batteries so I have a portable system. The rechargeable batteries work well, if fact so well that I took the step in buying the internal BT module that fits inside the Logic unit. This BT module like the external units pairs with the Nav V giving instructions to both rider and pillion, and the music apps works brilliantly. Only been using this for a week but so far zero problems. Sound quality is excellent. Zero BT interference and the rechargeable batteries are providing a workable solution for making the Logic portable.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Some swear by Bluetooth and others wouldn't touch it with a bargepole  If you have the audio unit fitted no system in the world will work fully with it except the very expensive and flawed BMW kit.  The only way you will both be connected to the satnav is with a wired system like Autocon either connected directly to the audio unit or with a Bluetooth dongle if you havn't
Chad

Post by Chad »

I have used my interphone system for 3yrs and it's worked perfectly. However I have only used it rider to pillion and with Iphone satnavs, music from the iPhone & phone calls. I use a dongle bluetoothe splitter so both rider & pillion can listen to music & satnav. It's been totally reliable with zero interference. I have heard that many none bmw systems have trouble with bmw audio & Nuvi satnavs. Wether this is bmw at fault her or everyone else is debatable, but it does seem odd that these systems connect to any device except BMW.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

All non BMW Bluetooth systems will connect to the Alpine audio system but only for one helmet, not to both.  The Navigator IV/V will also connect to all Bluetooth makes but again only one.
Last edited by guest2360 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
fmantek

Post by fmantek »

I am using a Sena 20S with my 2015er LC, and it works well in connecting to the RT Audio System, as long as the Nav V is not in the cradle. As soon as the Nav is there, you get a loud hissing Sound even when you Switch the Input to Aux, something where nothing is connected to.

But even without the Nav in the cradle, the Audio Quality over BT is, in order of bad to good:

RT Audio
Nav V
IPhone

Currently i use the Nav V as the "Center", so Music, phone calls, GPS all Comes from there, and the S20 is only used for intercom.

This works fine, beside the fact that media playback control is completly disabled as soon as the nav v is in the cradle, so i put all Songs on random and be done with it. Stupid Firmware. If i want to Output Music over BT they should allow that and not tell me to use the RT System.

I might Switch to Music from my phone again, as the Audio is better than from the Nav V and if i can only control it via the Headset anyhow, it does not benefit me that much.

In General, the Audio System in the RT only seems to be useful while maintaining-washing the Beauty....

Frank

MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Thanks for the feedback guys. It is much appreciated.   

I tried looking at Autocom as it does have a good reputation and I would actually prefer the reliability of a wired system.  The problem is, having spent a lot of money on what should have been decent kit before and ended up with something that just didn't work with poor support from both the retailer and importer, I wanted a fully fitted service. (Happy to have it wired into the bike)  I want to ride away with it working!  I have contacted all of the 'dealers' listed on Automcom's site within reach of me and none will fit the kit.  Some listed don't even stock Autocom products!

I'll look further at the Sena products. 

Marcus   
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Update - So I exchanged a couple of emails with Autocom.  They have recommended someone in Kent that can install the kit for me.  OK, it's about an hour and a half from me but it'll be a nice ride.  I have ordered the Logic 2 kit and a Garmin-specific lead for my SatNav.  I'll let you know what it's like when it's installed.     
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

MEM62 wrote: Update - So I exchanged a couple of emails with Autocom.  They have recommended someone in Kent that can install the kit for me.  OK, it's about an hour and a half from me but it'll be a nice ride.  I have ordered the Logic 2 kit and a Garmin-specific lead for my SatNav.  I'll let you know what it's like when it's installed.   
Hi  MEM62, can you `post'  or `pm' me the details for the  Kent based installer, thanks..... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Autocom being fitted this Friday.  The delay was due to the guy being away on holiday.  I'll give you some feedback on the system once it is all up and running
halflife1973

Post by halflife1973 »

Interphone have just updated their firmware to help with the Nav V issues. Indy tested in living room so far but can now stream music and phone calls seem a doddle. Not tried with passenger yet though or in anger on bike since upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

OK, Autocom fitted and working.  I need to make a couple of tweeks to the VOX and volume settings as it is great up to 50 mph and then the wind noise trips the VOX and the mike stays open.  Not sure if this is on my microphone or the passengers but will decrease the sensitivity on both. 

So far very pleased. 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

MEM62 wrote: OK, Autocom fitted and working.  I need to make a couple of tweeks to the VOX and volume settings as it is great up to 50 mph and then the wind noise trips the VOX and the mike stays open.  Not sure if this is on my microphone or the passengers but will decrease the sensitivity on both. 

What Autocom do you have? If its the Logic it has only one VOX button. Turn it very slowly clockwise to increase it but make sure it still opens without the need to shout.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

RTman10 wrote:
MEM62 wrote: OK, Autocom fitted and working.  I need to make a couple of tweeks to the VOX and volume settings as it is great up to 50 mph and then the wind noise trips the VOX and the mike stays open.  Not sure if this is on my microphone or the passengers but will decrease the sensitivity on both. 

What Autocom do you have? If its the Logic it has only one VOX button. Turn it very slowly clockwise to increase it but make sure it still opens without the need to shout.
I have the Logic Kit 2. 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Sure you have discovered it has just one VOX adjustment screw. If you haven't found it it's under the battery cover
Little white plastic thing. Turn it clockwise will increase the VOX, ie you will need yo talk louder. Adjust it a tiny bit at a time.